Part 10

Natasha

I arrived at Clint's, for some peace of mind. Lisa came running to me.

"Aunty Nat" she yell, running.

I smiled at her, but then a bizarre thought disturbed me.

what if Steve is frozen again? What if he wakes up 20 years later, and what if he starts liking Lisa? How would I feel?

My chest constricted as I hugged Lisa and walked inside the house with her.

"Hey liar pants " Clint greeted me.

"Hey! " I said, lowly.

"What's wrong? " he asked immediately.

"I'll tell you, let me see Laura and the kids first" I said.

"Hey Natasha" Laura emerged from the kitchen.

"Hey" I said hugging her.

Clint and Laura exchanged looks, and Laura turned to Lisa.

"Come Lisa let's get some food for aunty Nat" she said, Lisa smiled and left with her.

Clint and I sat down.

"Now? " he said.

"I.. I am in love with Captain Steve Rogers" I said.

"I know that" he said.

"How? " I asked.

"I just know, anyways continue " he said.

"Okay, I love him, and he does too, but.. he loved aunt Peggy, and now.. he loves me.. is it possible to love two people at the same time? And.. he doesn't seem too bothered about her.. would the same happen to me.. oh Clint" I put my hand on my head.

"Hey, chill gorgeous, or your Captain would bust me with his Shield" Clint teased.

"Clinton Barton, its not funny" I said.

"Okay, sorry" he said, "Look, he must have some hidden feelings, that he is unable to share with you, and.. the fact is, he knows he has to move on, and what I personally feel is, he is scared to meet her, he is scared of her reaction, scared of saying hello after the painful goodbye. Its complicated. And about you, Nat! You are full of life, so beautiful. He is a simple guy, so, he must have started liking you, and the fact that you are linked to Peggy and Howard, adds up to it" Clint tried to make me understand.

"Should I.. talk to him.. about this? " I asked.

"Maybe, but not directly, ask him about Peggy, ask him how was their life, etcetera, let him open up" He said.

I nodded. Laura served us tea and biscuits. I just had tea, and then stood up.

"I think I should leave now" I said, hugging Laura.

"Okay, but next time, bring him too" she said with a wink.

"Sure thing" I replied.

After smiling to them, I left.

On my way back, I called Steve.

"Nat? Where have you been? I was trying to contact you all day " he said, worried.

"Was having tea with a friend, Steve, you home? Can I come over? " I asked.

"Of course, am waiting " he said.

I hung up, and drove to his house.

He opened the door and I jumped on him, my arms wrapped around his neck.

"You okay? " he asked.

""Yeah" I said. He pulled me in, and closed the door, and settling me on the chair, he brought me water.

"Do you need anything? " He asked.

"Just you" I said with a smile.

We held hands and walked to his room, lying down, with me cuddled up in his arms.

"Steve.. uhm.. can I ask you something? " I asked.

"Of course" he said, our hands intertwined.

"Do you still love aunt Peggy? " I asked.

****

Steve

I didn't know what to say, would the truth hurt her? But I cannot lie to her, she is after all as important as Peggy.

"Yes, I do" I said, sadly, "I will always love her, she was my sunshine "

"Was? " she asked.

"Yes, because.. I have lost her now, ..we have a distance of ages between us... its like... I am still there.. but she has gone very far.. beyond return." Tears developed in my eyes, "my sunshine is nowhere near me"

"Oh Steve" she hugged me, but then left me, "Steve.. I was just... what.. am I.. to you? " she asked.

I now understood why she asked this, she was jealous, or curious, or confused about us.

"Nat! You are my hope" I said, "Hope that I can still fit in, hope that I won't be lost, hope that I can survive without light, you are the brightness that fills my life now" I told her.

She blushed, but still wasn't satisfied, "Steve, I... I don't know if I should ask this... but.. it seems you moved on so fast, you didn't even see her again.. what if it happens to us again.. would you" she blinked more, and avoided my eyes.

"I didn't see her because.. I am scared" I told her.

"Scared? " she was confused.

"Yes, I am scared of her reaction, and scared to face her after all these years, she has suffered a lot, I.. I don't think I have the courage to stand in front of her and ask forgiveness" I said.

"Steve.. I" she was lost at words, I took her chin and lifted her face up

"Nat, I love you" I said, "And my love for you is entirely different from Peggy, you both are dear to me, you both have your own place, and.. I cannot go back to Peggy, you are my reality now, and if you think I will move on if God forbid this happens again, then let me tell you, I won't, I have one heart, it doesn't have enough space for so many people, I don't know how you made way into it, but now the door are locked and sealed. So, if you want to, please believe me" I said.

She got tears in her eyes and hugged me, "I am sorry Steve, its just that Tony.. leave it.. I love you"

"I love you too" I said. She moved back and placed a gentle kiss on my lips, but I went for a deep, passionate one, my hands grabbed her neck and waist, as my lips crushed hers, my tongue battled hers.

I couldn't explain how I fell for her, because I don't know myself, but one thing is for sure, no one can replace Peggy in my heart, and no one can take Natasha's place. They both have a different place, both as important. But now, I belonged to Natasha, because maybe, destiny was written this way. And I knew how to accept it.

****
Nat! He loves you, that's what matters girl! And Steve, we know what you feel. Now the question is, how would they convince Tony? And will Steve see Peggy and tell her? Do give your reviews.