Part 11

Steve

I was planning to make dinner, when my phone beeped.

Masquerade party. Tony decides all of a sudden. Be there at 8 sharp. Love

I smiled at her text.

I don't have clothes to wear at this hour.

I replied. As much as I wanted to be there and dance with her. I couldn't go in improper clothes and embarrass her or Tony.

Happy's on it, already. Can't wait to see you handsome. Kisses.

She is just so adorable. I love her.

It had been 2 months since we started dating. And we were going strong. She was all joy and life, and she filled my empty life with brightness. So radiant and glorifying her presence was for me.

She decided to take me to meet Peggy too. And though I was reluctant, I couldn't refuse.

She greeted her aunt, kissed her forehead, left some flowers and then left the two of us alone.

"She is wonderful isn't she? " Peggy had said.

"Yes, she is" I replied.

I was too nervous to even look into her eyes. Until she took my hand in hers and squeezed.

"I am happy for you Steve. Natasha is a little angel. She was my hope when I was alone. Now she is yours" Peggy said looking into my eyes.

And that gave me the confidence I had lacked. Peggy was fine with us being together. And that lifted my guilt.

There was a knock on the door and I opened it.

"Good evening Cap" Happy said.

"Thanks, Happy" I said as he handed over the parcel.

"No worries Cap, couldn't refuse my little princess. Anyways get ready fast, party's about to start" he said.

I nodded and quickly headed inside to get ready.

Oh my crazy Natasha. She had sent such a perfect rich black suit. I am sure Tony won't approve of this when he comes to know.

I quickly showered and got ready, then followed Happy outside.

______

"Oh my God" she almost shouted as she saw me. And I was too stunned to respond.

She wore a beautiful long golden brown silk gown, her hair curled and loose on her back, her shoulders and neck bare. And her beautiful eyes covered with the net mask. She looked breathtakingly beautiful. As always.

"Oh Steve! " she grabbed my arms and tiptoed to plant a kiss on my cheek, "You look so good".

"Nothing compared to you" I said.

"Shut up" she nudged me in the stomach, and then taking my arm, she walked me in.

"So, I have decided" she said.

"Decided what? " I asked.

"You are going to pretend that the Black widow ditched you. She was so rude. She cheated on you and left you heartbroken etcetera, and then, slowly you'll start falling in love with me" she winked at me.

"Natasha? Are you crazy? " I said, taking her waist as we reached the dance floor, she put her hand on my shoulder.

"What else can I do? See, you have spoiled our chance by kissing the widow. Now, to make it things right, we need to do this. You being the heartbroken puppy whom I will mend" she said.

"Natasha! Its too.. I think its better if you tell Tony about your other identity " I said.

"No, no ways. Never!!! Tony would freak out. He.. He is very possessive of me Steve. He will loose it. No!! " her voice had fear all over.

"Okay, okay, as you say" I cupped her cheek with love, and she smiled.

"Natasha?!! Natty? " we heard Tony call out for her.

"Oh Shit!! " Natasha quickly backed away from me and rushed into the direction of her brother's voice.

"Oh hey Cap" Tony greeted me as I casually walked to him.

"Hey! " I said, my voice low.

"What happened Ton? " Natasha arrived too and grabbed his arm.

"Uhm, Cap? You alright? You seem dull" Tony said.

Natasha smiled, "That's because he and.. " she was about to say it when a guy walked in to us.

"Ah, here you are" Tony smiled.

"Couldn't miss this, could I" he said in a different accent. This guy wasn't American for sure.

"Of course. Anyways Natty, I called you to meet him. Please welcome, King T'Challa of Wakanda" Tony said proudly, "And your highness, this is Natasha, my little sister".

"Pleasure to meet you, my king" Natasha said with a smile.

"Pleasure is all mine, beautiful princess" T'Challa replied, and took her hand, placing a gentle kiss on it.

"Nat, why don't you show him around" Tony said.

"Sure" Natasha replied with a smile, and took T'Challa's arm, walking away with him.

This wasn't right, it gave me a bad taste in the mouth. Tony had this bizarre smile on seeing them together that told me it wasn't good.

"So, Cap. You were saying " Tony turned to look at me.

"Sorry, I.. " I just walked away, a thick lump forming in my throat. Tony had something big in his mind. And the way T'Challa looked at my Natasha, it explained everything.

Natasha had no idea, she was just smiling and walking with him, laughing at his words, as he continuously stared at her with the look I dreaded.

No!! I won't let this happen. I won't loose her to some King. She is mine. She is mine forever. Only mine.

Enraged, I walked towards them, grabbing a drink and finishing it on my way.

"Oh, Steve" Natasha said with the smile I so loved about her, "T'Challa, I forgot to introduce him to you. This is Steve Rogers, Captain America" she blushed as she said my name.

"Grateful to meet you Cap " T'Challa said handing his hand out.

"Same here" I said, "And sorry your highness, but I would like to steal my date away from you " I took Natasha's arm, and pulled her to myself.

"Your date? " T'Challa asked in a confused manner, glancing over to Tony, who was too busy to bother.

"For tonight" Natasha tried to cover up, "Sorry, your highness. I had no idea, I already " she couldn't even finish her sentence, and I pulled her away.

"What are you doing? " she asked.

"Keeping you safe. And with myself" I replied without looking at her.

******
Okay, finally an update after so long.
So I think I finally have the story sorted in my brain. The updates might get quicker now. Hope you people like it. I never realized how popular this story is and the demand for the updates so huge.
I just want everyone to comment and vote too.
Anyways, do give your reviews.