Chapter 4

Links POV

It's Zelda's birthday today! I'm all dressed up in my Hero's Clothes, favourite aftershave, got my sword just incase, all ready for her birthday dinner. Her father is gonna be there, so I need to be on my absolute best behaviour. It's only going to be about 10-15 people at dinner but after that there's a dance, I've bought flowers for her, and I made her a pair of emerald earrings. I hope she likes them! I'm so nervous to meet her father... I hope he likes me... I'd better get going the now to make sure I'm there on time... I get on Epona and travel through Hyrule, there are no monsters or anything, such a peaceful night... I arrive just on time and go straight up to Zelda, give her the flowers, they're a lovely shade of red, it's very dark, I know it's her favourite, her face lit up when she seen them and she gave me a giant hug, I felt all tingly and warm... She gives the best hugs ever! I then gave her the earrings and I got a small kiss on the cheek. She kissed me. Oh my goddesses she actually kissed me! I have a feeling I went a bit red because she giggled and blushed a little herself, then went to see to the other guests. I made small talk with a few familiar faces and the rest wanted to meet the "Hero" that saved Hyrule. We sat down to eat at a round table, I was sitting beside Zelda, who now had her earrings in (I blushed a little) and a girl called Clara. I think Clara had a bit of a thing for me, she kept making passes but I just ignored them and kept eating. After dinner we were shown to a massive hall, full of the people of Hyrule! I recognised a few more people and started chatting, danced, drank (not too much of course) and had great fun! I searched around for Zelda, who looked absolutely stunning in her long white dress, similar to her regular one but a bit more formal. After I found her we talked for a while, had a small drink and then began to dance while talking, it was a rather slow song, my heart started racing when she put her hands at the back of my neck, I just wanted to pull her closer and kiss her, but she wasn't interested... I could tell she wasn't... But nonetheless we continued to dance, it was a little awkward for a bit then the song was over, I went out for some fresh air and to clear my mind. I'm think I'm falling in love with her...