Chapter 20

Zelda's POV

I had a great night! Link and I danced the night away, Colin enjoyed his birthday with the kids, now I get to sleep in my love's arms again. Then Monday is the day of my coronation, I'm so exited!

We both lie in his bed, talking away. If I'm honest, I'm really scared about going ahead with the coronation, but I guess, it's something I need to do. Can't let a few nerves take away my future, right? After a long night of talking Link suddenly asked me how I felt about him.

"What do you mean, Link?"

"I mean, I know that I- you know- I, erm, I eh-"

"Spit it out"

"I love you, princess..."

Right at that moment I felt a flush of warmth go through my entire body, a sense of happiness only matched by little.

"I love you too, my hero"

With that, we fell asleep, happiest I've been for a long time. I wished that moment would last forever. Trying to hold on, so that my happiness never disappeared. I love him, I knew I did, but it's so much more hearing him say it, it was a perfect end to a perfect day.

Link's POV

Finally! I got to hear then love of my life tell me that she loves me back... I'd been waiting too long to tell her.

We slept in until about 2 o'clock, I'd woken up better rested than I've ever been before. I made us both tea, we got ready and I walked her home. "I'll see you at the coronation, my queen."

Walking home I ran into a couple of goblins, I defeated them with ease, although, goblins aren't normally in Hyrule at this time. Hm, it's odd. I just brush off the uneasy feeling I have and just keep walking.

I can't get her out of my mind! I'm still shaking a little... Trying to stop grinning like an idiot is harder than I thought! Ordon is so peaceful, I climb one of the rock pillars, the pillars are higher than most houses so I can mostly see everything in Ordon. Everyone tending their gardens, bonding with their kids or animals, swimming and even Rusl is relaxing without his sword for once! I take a moment to lie back on the pillar and enjoy the serenity of Ordon.

Hey guys! I'm so sorry about the wait between uploads! I'm thinking about ending this story very soon, after 20 chapters it's a bit long! Hopefully you guys are enjoying it still though!

~shadow