Chapter 2

Jade could hear faint sobs from upstairs. She hated herself for doing this to Perrie but she couldn't get her emotions under control. Normally she would either stay downstairs with the TV on loudly so that she couldn't hear how much her angry words affected her wife or she'd wait in front of the bedroom door and listen to her. Both of these solutions hurt her greatly but her ego wouldn't let her go and comfort her wife.

Her ego. That's whose fault it was. Never would Jade consider herself in the wrong that's until today. Her coach had made it clear that if she kept on slacking like she was she'd have to play for their amateur team. This made the brunette realise that she was doing something wrong.

Whenever she was on the pitch she couldn't help but think about her wife and how much she hurts her. She's reminded of fights, sleepless nights and worries of a possible divorce. She didn't want to end up like her own parents, hating each other and the only thing connecting them was their children.

Jade wanted to go back in time, make it all right again. Just like a few months ago when they attended the national football awards all loved up and excited. Said excitement paid off when Jade was announced as the winner of the best comeback award due to her excellent achievements in the English national team during the European Cup. Jade had scored twice and assisted 4 goals making the English team reach the final where they lost in the very last minute.

But that wasn't important now. The important thing is that they were happy there. Perrie was so proud and happy for her and couldn't wait to show her then fiance off to everyone. She was pretty much bragging with Jade's skills on and off the pitch.

The footballer shook her head at the happy memory, a slight smile forming on her face which vanished abruptly when she heard her wife's sobs once again. They couldn't continue like this. This was destroying them both. They love each other why are they acting like this.

"That's if she still loves you", Jade mumbled to herself.

She wasn't sure if the blonde still loved her, if she still could after the brunette was acting like a monster. Like the ones she wanted to protect Perrie from. She was too unsure of herself. She felt like she wasn't worthy of the singer that's another reason why she decided to bombard the singer with accusations.

But going so far and accusing Perrie of being with her for money or publicity was low. Even the monster knew that. She never wanted it to get this far but here they are now. She needed to apologise.

That's why she slowly made her way up the stairs towards their shared bedroom. Or better said Perrie's room for the last few weeks.

Jade wasn't sure if she could just walk inside or if she should knock that's why she stayed in front of the door for a few moments just listening to the blonde's tears. It broke her heart even more. She could only imagine what the blonde was feeling like. Maybe she was blaming herself, thinking it was all her fault even when it wasn't.

The footballer sighed greatly before opening the door slowly and sitting down on the bed next to a crying blonde. The sight of the singer clinging onto Jade's pillow and crying into it made her heart break into a million pieces.

She had to act fast. That's why she hugged the crying woman tightly and held her while sitting next to her quietly. She could feel her own tears forming and begging to roll down her cheeks but she wouldn't let them like so many times before.

She wanted to be strong. For Perrie. It's the least she could do. So she rubbed circles into the blonde's back. Said blonde hadn't turned to look at the brunette. She was scared of it being a dream. Scared of an angry Jade sitting next to her, waiting to upset her even more.