17. An Unlikely Story

✘ ✘

Last night when Scott and I were saving a life, someone's life was ending. I didn't really know Boyd, but its really sad to know that he's dead because he was caught in the cross-fire. The alpha pack wanted Derek dead which made me wonder why Boyd ended up deceased, it's all so confusing. I was currently passing the time, drawing aimlessly. Right now, I know for a fact that this drawing isn't any heralding for a catastrophe, I'm just really bored.

Scott was downstairs, talking to my uncle, making sure that everything is okay with him. I stayed home from school, just to watch over him and to do stuff that he was too weak to accomplish. Scott passed by on his free period, along with Stiles, also assisting me. I can't afford another happening like that, I would literally go out of my freaking mind.

"Hey, I'm back." Scott smiled as I looked up from my sketch pad. His eyes grew frantic as he stared down at the drawing.

I chuckled as I placed it on the side of me. "It's just boredom. Nothing serious." I said, looking down at the leafless tree. I cleared my throat as I looked up at Scott. "So, we're going with Allison where?"

"To her grandfather. He's kind of sick, he got bitten by an alpha whiles Mountain Ash was in his body so.." Scott trailed off as my eyes widened.

I gawked up at Scott, my mouth opening and closing. "Well, was it- how, how did it even happen?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I threw my sketch pad on the side of me. This was something really bizarre and weird, and I can't even picture how this all went down.

"Well, he used to take these pills but I replaced the antibiotics with mountain ash, got Derek to bite him.." Scott trailed off, causing my eyes to widen. "But he deserved it! Trust me! It wasn't a spiteful act." He quickly added on as he saw he horror swimming in my eyes. I smirked up at him as I nodded.

"I thought you were a villain there for a second." I joked, standing up from my bed. I watched as Scott walked around my room, looking at the shelf of ingredients and herbs. I swallowed thickly as I watched him pick up my favorite book of all time.

"Is this a spell book?" Scott questioned, picking up the large grimoire. I chewed on my lip as I nodded, taking it out of his hands and resting it back down.

"It's called a grimoire. Each family that practices magic has one. My mother, she was a druid and one of the most noble of them all. She had a bunch of 'em, but I was too young back then to practice all of those spells." I said smiling, flipping through the pages of the book, pausing on a barrier spell. "I wish I possessed those curious, sneaky traits that most teenagers did. I would have learned them and maybe I was going to be with my magic at this moment, but I guess everything happens for a reason." I sighed, closing the book with dust flying out of it.

"Who are these?" Scott asked, walking towards me with a framed picture.