Chapter 7

General

"Our mission today is to find Hinata and save her. So, I want two of you to be more cautious with the surrounding. We don't know where the zombie's lair supposed to be. But I'm sure it must be around the pharmacy in the city since we got ambushed last time." Neji, the leader of the team gave the briefing to his teammates, Sakura and Sasuke Uchiha.

"Hey, you forgot about me, dude," someone suddenly interrupted them. A guy with gray shaggy hairstyle and a pair of blue eyes. He already completed with a rifle and a backpack, just like the three of them.

"What are you doing here, Toneri?" Neji asked him.

"General Hiashi asked me to join your team," he replied with a smirk, being arrogant and didn't respect Neji as a leader at all.

"He did?" Sakura asked for a confirmation.

"Yup, last night after you guys left." Toneri answered while blowing the dirt from his rifle.

"Alright then, let's get going," Neji suggested to his teammates. He then signalled the tower guard to open the huge gate in front of them, which separate the city full of zombies and the human city.

"I really have a bad feeling about this," Sakura whispered to her boyfriend.

"Don't worry, Sakura," Sasuke tried to calm her. "There's nothing going to happen."

Sakura gave a small smile while leaning her head on Sasuke's arm. "I love you, Sasuke-kun."

"I love you too," he kissed her on her head. "I'll protect you no matter what. And I'm not gonna fail just like the last time."

She gently pokes on her boyfriend's stomach, "Hey, it was not your fault. Don't blame yourself." Then looked into his boyfriend's black pearl eyes.

But he moved his gaze away from her, "It was my fault. And I regretted it so much. I should come a bit sooner and save him. Now he turned to be one of them."

Sakura lifts his chin a bit, "Please, don't blame yourself. He might not be happy if he heard it, you know"

He nodded.

"Now, that's my Uchiha," She gently pinches both of his cheeks.

*****

Naruto

"Naruto-kun??"

Yes?

"Are you sleeping?"

No? A zombie shouldn't be sleeping actually. We just can't because we already lost the ability to do that. And I even forget how it feels to be sleeping.

"Wake up, Naruto-kun..."

I'm already awake.

Am I?

My body was shaking as someone shakes it, but I'm too weak to move. Maybe because I didn't eat my 'food' for this past few days.

"Naruto-kun!!!" Hinata's screaming startled me so much and she was looking worriedly at me as I opened my eyes. "I thought you already left me...." She hugs me tightly while crying. "You haven't moved at all and I couldn't even check your heartbeat too. It makes me worried so much."

"I-I'm s-sorry..." I apologized to her.

So I did really sleep, huh? And I was dreaming too.

"Come on, it's already dark now," she said to me. "We need to hide in this house and continue our trip tomorrow morning."

I nod, following her lead wherever she goes. I have to make sure that she return safely to her city and free from my kind, although I have to sacrifice my life.