40 - Dana

Kisha's POV

No one in the class could really get over the fact that Jillian died. None of us could accept that the girl with rebonded hair and who had a knack of interrupting during CL class was dead, and she really wouldn't be coming back. I sat there along with the rest of the class in pure silence. I heard the soft sobs of some of her friends behind me, and as much as I wanted to comfort them, I knew they needed to be left alone. I just bowed my head for the eternal repose of her soul.

Suddenly, the solemn vibe died down once Clarisse spoke from the very back of the room. "That's not why she died." She looked up at all of us, her eyes bloodshot from endlessly crying, and her fingers clung on to her seat like werewolf claws. "She didn't die because of ARMM. It was because of...being heartbroken."

Most of us looked up at her with a dumbstruck expression on our faces. Could she really have committed suicide just because of someone else not liking her back? "She called me up shortly before she died. She told me whether or not she was truly worth it, and even though I kept convincing her she was, she told me that if her crush didn't think so, it wasn't true. Then, she hung up before I could even say a word. I suddenly have a feeling that it's all my fault!" She suddenly burst into tears, looking like she would never be able to forgive herself for the wrongdoings she assumed that she did. Ms. Soliman immediately approached and hugged her, convincing her that it wasn't her fault at all.

I couldn't help but feel bad about Jillian's death myself. We haven't interacted in any significant way just yet, but speaking in behalf of the class, I have a feeling that without her, we're permanently wrecked, we're permanently destroyed, we're permanently incomplete. And I just can't help but feel sad about that.

Meanwhile, when class was finally over, I rushed over to my locker to put all my books and notebooks faster than anyone else in my circle of friends. Jammy invented this game that whoever puts their stuff back in their locker the slowest has to treat every single one of us to something of our choice at the canteen. So far, I haven't lost...and I don't really intend to right now. Suddenly, once I open my locker after entering the combination, there's a paper airplane inside with Hershey's Kisses placed around the fold in the middle. It read:

Hey, Kisha sweetie :) You must be wondering how this got in your locker...well, unfortunately I'm not going to tell you haha. Anyway, please come to Star City later tonight at 6PM. I'm pretty sure that your mother might kill you, but I swear it'll only take a while and it's super important...plus I already have Dylan and the boys outside your school already, so you have no choice haha ;) I love you Kisha sweetie, I really do. See you.

I sighed, and folded the note, putting it safely back in my pocket. I was about to load all of my things back in my locker, when Jammy pat me quite hardly on the back and poked her tongue at me. "REVENGE, KISHA! REVENGE! I'M GONNA ORDER THREE PIZZAS JUST TO ANNOY YOU, HAHA!" Well, if I had rushed, I wouldn't have seen the letter that made my whole day brighter, so fine by me.

After I had paid for everyone's respective orders, I headed outside by myself and looked for Dylan's fancy new RV, where he said Dylan and all the other boys would be riding. I found it in the far corner of the parking lot, got my spare key from my left pocket and pushed a button that lifted the car trunk almost immediately. Much to my surprise, all the guys and their girls were there, and they greeted me with loud screeches and excessive hugging.

"Are you going to Star City too?" AngelMar asked, as she moved closer to Luke and motioned me to the empty seat beside her, which I gladly took.

"Yeah. Dylan told me too. He said he has something really important to say." I reply, not believing what was actually happening.