28 - Junelle

Third Person POV

"B-but, Cedric. We're your family members!" Cedric's mother said, worriedly. "You don't remember us?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't know any of you. Where am I? Get me out of this place!" Cedric shouted repeatedly, banging against his bed, trying to remove the contraptions attached to him to keep him alive and breathing. Cedric's parents were both in tears, wondering what in the world happened to their son that caused him amnesia, as they hugged each other.

Camille tried to stop and calm him down, holding his arms so that he would stop jerking around. "Cedric, what about me? Don't you remember me?" she asked him, batting her eyelashes.

"Who are you? Get me out of here! Get away from me!" he shouted in her face, which caused her heart to break into pieces. Yeah, sure he forgot all the mistakes she'd done and heartbreak she'd inflicted upon him. But that also means that he forgot how they met, where their first date was, what their song as a couple was...and how much he loved her.

Cedric desperately pushed the button that signalled his personal nurse to come into the room, and in less than ten seconds, his attendant entered the door, ready to answer any of his requests.

"I want these people out of my room! I don't know them! Is this the kind of hospital where strangers are entertained?!" he barked furiously. The nurse, whose nametag read Elsa, looked very apprehensive all of a sudden, as she tried her best to reason with the young patient.

"Sir, the reason why you probably have no memory whatsoever of these people is because you have been diagnosed with amnesia. The contact of your head and the steering wheel in the car crash you were in last night caused a severe concussion, which is the source of your loss of memory. But once it comes back, you'll realize that these are no strangers...they are your family." Nurse Elsa tried explaining, as she pat the back of Cedric's sobbing mother.

On the other hand, Cedric was growing absolutely impatient. All he wanted was these people out of his room, but then here comes this nurse who tells him otherwise? "If you don't have these people out of the room in ten seconds, I'm going to report the higher authorities!" he threatened with his eyes closed. After much explanation to Cedric's family, Nurse Elsa was able to get everyone to voluntarily leave his room at once. Except for Camille.

Before leaving, she walked over to Cedric and planted a kiss on his forehead. "All I want is for you to remember me and love me again." After saying those words, a single teardrop left her eyes and she immediately ran out of his hospital room.

It left Cedric stunned and confused. How much exactly had he forgotten?

Later on, when he was already feeling absolutely bored, with the lack of a TV, a computer and WiFi connection as amenities for his room, Cedric requested his nurse if he could go around the hospital by himself in a wheelchair for a while. He used the excuse of wanting to go sightseeing, but all he really wanted was to reflect and possibly get some memories back.

"Sir, are you sure you want to do this alone?" Nurse Elsa asked quite hesitantly.

"No offense, Nurse Elsa, but you do have a knack for meddling in all my decisions. Good day." Cedric replied, before using the remote in his wheelchair to make him speed forward. He had only gotten as far as the rooms on the opposite side of the floor, when a man suddenly came up to him. At first, he gave off the impression that he was a terrorist, what with his bushy beard and his piercing eyes. Cedric immediately felt the instinct to push the reverse button on his wheelchair button to send him backwards, but before he could, the mystery man spoke.

"Sir Cedric!"

Cedric felt his eyebrow rise involuntarily in suspicion. "Uhm, yes?" Suddenly, as those words left his mouth, he felt something like rays of light blind him in the eyes. Sparks flew wherever he looked, and he saw flying pictures of what looked like memories he never even remembered enter the room from different directions. It didn't take long before he was finally able to identify who this man was. "You were the guy who bumped me! You were the guy in the car crash! When my windshield cracked into pieces, I was able to see you outstretched on the front of your car...before I closed my eyes. I heard the policemen shouting your name before I completely blacked out. Mario."

It was weird why Cedric felt a surge of pity for the man who became the cause of his amnesia, so he instinctively had the need to shout at him. "IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU, I WOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS! IF YOU HADN'T CRASHED INTO MY CAR, I WOULD HAVE HAD A LIFE!"

The suspect backed away, his hands up in surrender. "Sir, don't you remember? Wait, of course you don't. You were unconscious. The whole incident happened two years ago. Many things have happened since then: my case had already been heard in court, and I already served my jail time of two years for attempting to kill you by crashing into your car. I also appeared on various TV programs to formally announce my public apology to your family, and they did just about six months ago after numerous times of me asking for their forgiveness. If they've forgiven me, I'm sure you could too, Sir."

Cedric shook his head, too confused by what was going on. He had missed out on more things than he thought. What had happened ever since he was gone for the past two years? "Well, what's done is done. I'm not mad at you anymore, but could you please tell me why you did what you did?"

"I'm one of your brother, Chris's henchmen. I work for him, to spy on people like he does. That night, I had passed by his house and I saw him with Camille...your girlfriend. I thought she was absolutely beautiful, and I knew that your brother was just up to his mean old tricks with her, meaning that he had no feelings for her anyway. So, to get Camille all for myself, I decided to go after you and kill you. I thought it would work." he said, quite shamefully.

Cedric was engaging in an intense deliberation with himself on what he should answer. What in the world would he bring himself to say?

**********

oOoOoOoH CAMILLE HABA NG HAIR MO HEART HEART!!!!! Haha, Camille and Cedric, Camille and Chris or Camille and Mario? ;) VOTE, COMMENT, FAN AND SHARE MWAH SEE YOU GUYS SOON!!!!! - Admin 2