Chapter 15

I got up hours later after a sleepless night. I hadn't fallen asleep again after that dream.

I walked out of my room in search of Adam. I had to ask. As I entered his room, I could tell by looking at him that he hadn't slept either. The look of insomnia was familiar on my own features.

"No sleep?" I asked. He nodded.

"I had a-" he stopped. "How was your night?"

"I didn't get any sleep either. ...I think you know why," I said tentatively. His head snapped up to look at me.

"You had that dream, too?"

I nodded.

"Do you know what her name was?" I questioned softly. He shook his head.

"She wouldn't tell me the day before..."

Suddenly I remembered how he'd been telling me to trust him before.

"That's why you kept telling me to trust you," I noted. He nodded.

"She talked to me the night before, and I believed everything she said, but I couldn't tell you anything. I still can't say some stuff. But yeah, that's why I said to trust me."

I nodded.

Adam's phone rang. He looked up at me.

"Take it," I answered the unasked question. He nodded in thanks.

"Hello?"

I could hear someone talking on the other end, but I couldn't make out any words or who it was.

"Really? That's awesome. Any specific reason?"

I listened intently. He didn't say anything for a minute or two, simply nodding.

"I'm sorry, man. Well, you're welcome to stay here. Yeah, of course. It's no problem. You can take Adam's room."

I wondered where Adam would be sleeping.

"Oh, he took a trip. And Mitch's sister Cat is here."

I didn't notice he'd made a minor slip-up until the next sentence.

"Yeah, this is Mitch. My sister, Cat. What did I say? ...Oh. Sorry, it was an accident, you know." Adam ran a hand through his-my-hair. He didn't put any spray in it, so it looked different than how it did when I styled it.

"Alright. Cool. See you there. Later, man."

I was about to ask who that was when Jerome called from downstairs.

"HEY! CAT! COME DOWN HERE!"

I chuckled.

"COMING!"

Jerome had forgotten to buy some stuff yesterday, so we had to go out. He'd decided to take me with.

At the mall, Jerome was almost pressing against me.

"Can I help you?" I chuckled.

"Well if I let you go on your own, you'll shop."

I laughed out loud.

"Ah, no. I just want to get in and out. I hate stores."

Jerome looked at me incredulously.

"No way. You wouldn't shop?!" He asked in joking shock. I giggled.

"Whatever. Where do we have to go?"

"Video game section," he replied immediately. I nodded solemnly.

"Video games are serious business."

At the video game store, Jerome went off to look for whatever he needed, and I strolled around, browsing. I was looking at the computer games when I ran into someone.