Trust me

"I want to go home."

Jimin looks away from the Television in the room and follows Jungkook's voice, finding the others expectant expression watching him closely. The words take a moment to sink in and Jimin can't hold back the grimace he knows is evident on his face. "Baby, you can't go home right now. You're still recovering."

"I've gotten better and I'm tired of this bed."

"You're still hurting."

Jungkook sighs, letting his head fall back in frustration. "Mochi, I'm better than before. The doctor told me if I can manage the pain after they take out my IV, I can go home."

"Yeah I heard, Jungkook." Jimin mutters. He had a feeling that this was coming the moment he heard it fall from the doctors mouth. "I don't think you understand how badly it's going to hurt you. You're not ready."

"You can't know that, I think I am." Jungkook shuffles on his bed, pulling himself slowly into a more upright position. His mobility has gotten better, with decreased pain. He's on the right track, but the plain white walls of the hospital room make him feel like they're slowing him down. He misses his own bed and he misses the possibility of Jimin sleeping in his bed with him. "I want to go home."

"You know I can't stop you, bunny." Jimin sighs, looking away from Jungkook's saddened eyes. He knows he should support his decisions better, but it's hard to when he's scared to see Jungkook in so much pain again after coming so far in such little time.

"Can't you just back me up, Mochi?"

"You know I'm here for you." Jimin reaches out to grab Jungkook's hand. He forces a smile to his lips. "I'm just worried."

"Don't worry. I can handle it, I know it. I have you right here with me. You're my strength, love." The taller squeezes Jimin's hand and he shakes it in his own to get his attention. "Trust in my abilities, okay?"

Jimin's bottom lip protrudes into a small pout. Jungkook is good at pep talks, even when they concern his own endurance of pain. "I trust you."

"Good." An accomplished grin spreads across Jungkook's face. With Jimin on board, he can do anything. "I want to go home today."

-///-

"Mom, I need you to understand that I can't leave his side. It's important to both of us, why don't you get it?" Jimin breaths into his phone. He's trying to keep his voice low through his frustration, but the tone in his voice is angry. Jungkook is close to him, sleeping off some of the last remains of pain medication in his veins before he's released from the hospital. "Why are you being like this? You said it was okay already. You said I could stay."

"You need to go back to your friends house now. That's where you need to be. You've missed school days."

"He's going home today. The doctors are letting him go home and I need to be with him. Please, school will be there when he's better!"

"Go back to Hoseok. Today. Don't argue with me, Jimin. I already let you stay another night."

"He needs me."

"You're not getting married. I told his parents that, they won't let you stay with him."

Jimin sits back in his chair, suddenly paralyzed. "Why would you tell them that? You know how seriously they take that, Mom! You- I'm going to lose him." He can't rub the tears away from gathering in his eyes.