Change

He'd probably spent too much time alone in his head. Namjoon must have really gotten to him with that talk of a change. That had to be the reason why it was suddenly gnawing at him, as if one alteration would most definitely turn his entire life around and nothing bad could ever happen to him again. As if it could possibly act as a shield, defense against every bout of negativity, every ill intention life decided to throw at him next. Jimin smiled when he thought of it, because he needed it and because this time it felt good.

Forgiveness isn't something he's going to offer up on a silver platter, not in the way that he envisioned. Jungkook managed to touch the core of their problems remaining with his honesty and sincerity. He catered to Jimin's emotions in a way they both didn't even know they needed. In the man's absence, Jimin had time to rifle through his thoughts alone, again and again. He was tripping over every loose end he's kept untied, waiting with unrelenting dependence on a meeting with a monster to sort them. He was a fool, but he could finally see that. Nothing had ever been more about their future together than it was for his own conscious, a conscious that led him astray. If a change was ever necessary, this was a good one. He could thank Namjoon for that.

Jimin rings the doorbell and leans against the door frame to wait impatiently. Taehyung managed to keep their outing a secret entirely, leaving out the fragments of details he knew anything about. It was a relief, but he couldn't help feeling guilty for making the younger bottle up information from all of their friends. He reminds himself as the door rushes open in front of him that this is a good thing. It's like a new beginning with the bonus of keeping everything good he's got already.

"Ready?" Taehyung beams at his friend, taking Jimin's arm and looping it with his own. They trample down the porch steps clumsily and begin on the sidewalk with giggles already forming on their lips.

Jimin smiles because Taehyung looks happy and he begins to feel like they should've made time for this kind of thing sooner. Of course they should have and it could break his heart to think of how much they could drift apart as the years tick by. It would definitely break him if he'd let it happen, but Jimin couldn't imagine a life without his friends anymore. He needs them as much as he needs to breath. Today is more important than what he has planned and he can feel every bit of it's value in Taehyung's arm around his own.

-///-

A/N: this is so so short, but I wasn't going to write anything here. I thought it might be cute to focus on little happy moments and so I did write a short scene. I love you jsjsjsjsj ❤️