Chapter 12: Fine

"Eva! Wake up!" I hear my mom say while shaking me.

"Ugghh. What time is it?"

"You're gonna be late for school!"

I look at the time and it's 7:30!

"Fuck!" I say and run to the bathroom to get ready.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. All I thought about was Daisy.

After getting ready I grab a banana, say bye to my mom, and drive to school.

My mom let me drive her car to school since I don't have my own and Daisy didn't come pick me up.

-

As I get out of the car I see Tyler standing in front of the doors of the school.

"Just great." I say to myself.

Maybe I can enter from the back doors?

I walk really fast making sure Tyler won't see me.

"Eva!" I her someone say.

I turn around and sigh.

Yup. It's Tyler.

"We need to talk." He says.

"No, actually we don't Tyler."

"Please. You have to listen to me!"

His eyes are red and they look like he's been crying.

It makes me feel so bad. Why do I have to be so sensitive?

"We can't talk right now." I say and begin to walk away before tears come out.

"Maybe later?"

I don't reply and walk to class.

-

"Alright guys see you Wednesday." My Spanish teacher says after the bell rings.

I get out of class and see Tyler again waiting for me.

"I got to get home." I say when he walks towards me.

"I know we can't talk here so I'm gonna walk you home and we talk."

Maybe listening to his part of the story won't be so bad?

We stay silent until we're out of the school grounds.

"So?" I ask.

"Alright, Im gonna start from the beginning."

He takes a deep breath before he starts.

"So that one day I saw you walking home,I'm guessing from the beach.. Daisy called me."

"Mmmmh." I say nodding my head.

"She told me to come over and bla bla and so I did. She was all dressed up and ready and kept getting all touchy."

He pauses.

"She looked at me and kissed me. I pushed her away immediately and she tells me she had feelings for me but I told her I have a girlfriend and she lied and said that you don't actually love me."

I look away making sure he doesn't see my tears in my eyes.

"Daisy apologized yesterday and I accepted it. I miss her." I say.

"So you listened to her but didn't want to hear my side of the story?"

"She didn't say anything about this. But either way, I want to be friends with her again."

"What about me?" He asks getting in front of me.

I don't say anything.

"Okay. I guess we're both moving on? One day we'll just forget about each other? Right?"

He looks at me angrily.

I don't reply again.

"Fine."

He walks away and I look back at him. More tears fall down my cheek and I walk home.

When I'm just a couple of feet away from my house I crash into somebody.

Jc.

"Babe. You okay?" He asks making me face him.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

I wipe away my tears.

He hugs me tightly.

"Jc?" I ask.

I've been thinking about it and I can't lie to my best friend. I'm gonna have to break up with Jc. If she finds out about us, I'll lose her.

Maybe Jc and I can be friends?

"Yeah?"

"I've been thinking about us... And I really don't think it can work out."

He looks at me with a sad face. This is so hard for me. I like him. No, I REALLY like him.

"Oh. So you're breaking up with me?"

I swallow hard. "I'm sorry. Maybe we can be friends?"

He just nods. "I have to get going. I have to pack for Hawaii." He says looking at the floor and leaves.

"Hawaii?" I ask myself. Ugghh... I'm gonna miss him. Why can't I just be happy with someone?

I get home, trying not to cry again, and take a nice warm bath.

"Why? Why?" I ask. I want Jc. He's leaving to Hawaii tomorrow and I have no clue how long he's gonna be gone.