Chapter 22: Questions

*2 weeks later*

"Mornin' sweetie." My dad says when I come downstairs.

"Good morning."

It feels so good to have a dad. I've never knew what it felt like to have a dad.

He told me his story on how when my mom left him he got depressed and how he couldn't stop thinking about us for a while.

He then got help and got out of depression and wanted to be a new person. He got into school and studied hard to be a teacher.

After a long time of working hard he finally got a job, to be a teacher in elementary! But then, a couple of years later, he remembered that he had a wife and a daughter out there.

Again, depression! He quit working as a teacher for a couple of years... I think I was 13 at this point...

He then met a girl, named Julia. Well guess what? Julia is my mom's cousin!

After 3 years of dating he found out my mom and Julia were cousins.. He told her about us and Julia wanted to help. They went on a search for us.

2 years later... They finally found us and that brings is to here. Julia decided to leave my dad, but thy both weren't to sad about it, and she went on with her life.

"What do you want to do today?" My dad asks.

"Umm..." I think I want him to meet Jc? I don't know if it's too early.

"I'll plan something." I say.

I go upstairs real quick to text Jc.

"Morning babe.💕🌞"

"Morning beautiful😋"

"☺☺ I was wondering of you can maybe come over today for lunch?"

"Yes I can. What time?😋"

I told Jc all about my dad the day after he got here. But I feel like they're both ready to meet each other.

-

After I eat breakfast, I go upstairs to get ready. I take a quick shower and get dressed.

I put on my plain white cropped shirt, my light washed hight waisted shorts, an my black and white converse.

I blow dry my hair a little and begin to straighten it.

"Dad?" I ask when I get downstairs.

"Wow. What are you dressed up for?"

"I was wondering if my uh.. Boyfriend can come over to eat lunch with us"

He looks at me confused.

"Yes, I have a boyfriend." I say.

He grins and nods. I've only known him for 2 weeks and I'm not sure what that means...

"What's his name?" He asks cleaning up the table.

"Justin. But everybody calls him Jc."

"How old is he?"

"Uh, 21." I say.

He looks at me confused again. He probably doesn't think it's okay to dye a guy 3 years older than me. But I think it's fine.

"How did you meet him?"

Okay I'm not liking this whole 'ask a question then answer and ask another question' thing.

"He makes YouTube videos and I'm a huge fan and we met." I say in a tone.

"What do you guys keep blabbering about?" My mom asks coming down the stairs.

"I want Jc to come over for lunch but dad is just asking questions and questions."