2~ Prepare for Take Off

After the most uncomfortable dinner of his life, Draco retired to his room for the evening. The fire was burning steadily in the hearth, but it was freezing cold within the quarters. He had everything he could possibly need in his room: perfect mint-condition wand, books with spells beyond his wildest dreams, access to some of the best teachers within the wizarding world, and a nice comfy, cozy bed. There was only one problem.

He had no one to share it with.

He spent many, many nights reminiscing about Ruby; her soft pale skin, bright green eyes, lush blonde hair and possibly the most beautiful soul that anybody could hope to inherit

He spent many, many nights reminiscing about Ruby; her soft pale skin, bright green eyes, lush blonde hair and possibly the most beautiful soul that anybody could hope to inherit. She was amazing, and right now, in this life he led of darkness and violence, she was the only thing he truly wanted. Despite how many times they'd quarrel, fling magic at one another and cause trouble, he always had the most fun when he was with her. 

Now he was downright miserable, just the way a Death Eater should have been: dark, brooding, and wanting nothing more than to spread their misery over onto others. If he was being honest, this was probably the proudest his father had ever been of him. 

Draco fell into the comfy arm chair seat by the fire, and he rejoiced in the constance of silence around him. The fear of the Dark Lord before him put him at his wits ends, and it seemed all he could hear were the cackles and the sniggers from his followers, ready to take the world by a dark storm.

Suddenly, he heard scratching noises. Like somebody was dragging a stick over a pane of glass. He looked over to the iron-barred window, kept shut by a thick velvet green curtain. The scratching noise continued, shortly followed by a mewl. A cat?

He got up and went over to the window, and when he pulled back the curtain, he was surprised to see a black cat sitting on the window sill. This wasn't just any black cat, it was Biscuit. 

"Biscuit! Bloody hell," he lifted the pane and the black cat leaped inside, shaking off her fur from the pouring rain

"Biscuit! Bloody hell," he lifted the pane and the black cat leaped inside, shaking off her fur from the pouring rain. Draco just looked down at her and chuckled.

"You're a long way from home, aren't you?" he asked her, "What are you doing over here? It's not safe for you," he said. Biscuit just looked up at him with her big yellow eyes and took a seat, sitting up tall like the Sphinx of Egypt. Draco then noticed the rolled parchment tucked into her collar, and his heart went a flutter.