11~ Lonely Together

Finley gasped in horror as he was suddenly thrown against the crumbling stone wall, atop the highest tower of Malfoy Manor

Finley gasped in horror as he was suddenly thrown against the crumbling stone wall, atop the highest tower of Malfoy Manor. Smaller stones and dusted fell from the rock and plummeted to the ground thirty feet below, not making a sound at their light impact. 

Draco had his wand in hand, trying to ignore the accusing stares of Scabior and his mutts behind him. Instead he went rigid, trying to make like he was as rough and tough as Finley clearly feared. 

"L-l-look mate! I-I don't know nothing about Harry Potter or no wand! I swear!" he cried desperately, "Ask anybody! I've been glued to me chair playing mind-numbing video games for months!"

"Take it easy," Draco muttered as he stepped forward.

Finley tried to get as far away from the younger blonde as possible, but his back was pressed up against the rock. He took an uncertain glance down over the rail, and his heart launched into his throat. He happened to have a fear of heights.

"I-I'll tell ya' whatever you wanna know! Just don't throw me over the wall, please!" he begged, "I-I got heightrophobia, ya' know!" 

Draco refrained from rolling his eyes, "I said take it easy!" he snapped a little louder. Finley promptly shut his mouth, "I won't hurt you as long as you don't give me a reason to hurt you,"

The shorter bloke nodded frantically, "You got it! Ask me a question! Ask me anything you want! I'm an open book!" 

Draco peered over his shoulder, finding Scabior still watching him like a hawk while his mutts chatted mundanely beside him. He rolled his eyes then.

"You were spotted fleeing the ministry same time as Potter. Explain that," he demanded, "Where you helping him?"

Finley whimpered, "I-I mean, not by choice. I sort of got roped into it -- long story you see. A day and some ago I was just minding my own business; I got to level thirteen on The Adventures of Link! Fantastic visuals, may I just add! I appreciate that they made Link a little taller too --"

"I get it," Draco quickly cut him off, "You're a gaming loser. What does this have to do with Harry Potter?" 

"Well," Finley sighed, "I was just minding my own business when a friend of mine just showed up at my door, worse for wear with her loopy friend in tow. I offered them a place to stay for the night. Next thing I know, my neighbourhood is crawling with your aunts and uncles and we had to steal an ice cream truck! My mate, Ruby, she took us to this weird house uptown and we met Potter there --!"

"Wait a minute," Draco interjected again, his attention at full now, "Did you say Ruby?" 

"... Yeah," Finley shrugged, clearly not making the connection.

"Ruby Dellamark? About five feet tall? Blonde hair and a big mouth?"

"That's her, yeah," the curly-haired boy nodded, and Draco felt his chest freeze. She was alive! "You know Ruby?"