9~ Violence in a Rain Storm

Ruby woke when she heard a sudden snap. A twig maybe? She was suddenly up and alert, her worst fear betraying her as she got up from the sprung old couch. Luna was still asleep in the arm chair, cozied up like a caterpillar in a cocoon. Ruby grabbed her wand and looked out into the window, seeing nothing but tall wheat fields hiding the peaking sun in the horizon.

 Ruby grabbed her wand and looked out into the window, seeing nothing but tall wheat fields hiding the peaking sun in the horizon

She went outside, passing the ice cream truck they'd charmed to disappear. She wrapped her jacket tighter around herself, trying to find the source of that snap. Ruby looked through the wheat field, and she was surprised when she saw a head of platinum blonde hair coming her way.

"Draco," she couldn't have been happier. She ran right over, shoe laces getting caught in the wheat stocks and nearly tripping over the roots. Draco turned his head, eyes turning wide as saucers when he saw the smaller girl.

"Blimey! I knew I'd find you out here!" he engulfed her in a tight hug.

"How did you find me?" she asked.

"The Death Eaters use the trace as often as the ministry does," he said, "Nice truck, by the way," 

"It was a viper at one point," she said, "What are you doing here?"

"I broke out. I couldn't care any more for the Dark Lord's plans, I just wanted to have my life back," he replied. Ruby started to smile.

"A life with me, perhaps?" 

"It sounded most enticing," Ruby leaned up to give him a kiss,  but before she could, there was a sudden loud bang.

Draco suddenly woke up, eyes darting around the room. He had only been dreaming. Dreaming of a girl now? He had never done that before. 

Another bang went off, it was coming from outside his window

Another bang went off, it was coming from outside his window. He hopped out of bed and looked out into the courtyard, and what he saw nearly gave him goosebumps. His Aunt Bellatrix stood to the side, looking to be sickeningly enjoying herself as prisoners were executed by the Snatchers. Draco could only watch, gulping back his disgust as the head Snatcher put a shot into each of the prisoner's heads. He didn't cry, he had stopped crying at the sight of such violence long ago. He just hoped that Ruby wouldn't have to be on the opposing end of that violence.