The Colour Burgundy

I was left dazed as Kehinde continued to talk. This boy actually had the audacity to leave me in this huge crowd with thousands of students. Wow. I could just about spot him in the crowd smirking as some thirsty girl with dehydrated burgundy bundles spoke animatedly to him whilst stroking his muscular arms. Don't. Piss. Me. Off. She giggled as he said something in her ear. I don't know why she was laughing, he wasn't funny. And what was he saying that needed to be said directly into her ear? This boy was flirting with death.

Kehinde looked in the same direction and her mouth formed an 'o' as she clocked what had put a thunderous expression on my face.

"Nahhh he's moving mad man." She said kissing her teeth "Do you want to come mine though? I've started making the wig."

My face lit up as she mentioned the wig. I had explained to her how I wanted a deep dark bluey black wig and she said that she could make my dreams come true. She then explained to me how she was launching her own hair company and simply wanted me to promote it. I didn't mind because she genuinely seemed lovely and I didn't mind helping growing businesses, especially black owned ones.

"Yassss thank you so much. Yeah might as well." I said as we left the main square. I was thankful that she was distracting me but I couldn't help but notice the same burgundy haired girl who was now bringing out her battered iPhone 5s and handing it over to Niko. As I watched, that Drake song about his side chick with the 5s came to mind, hmmm side chick, I think tf not. I better stay his one and only. She looked up at him basking in his beauty as he gave her his number. Ohhh. Cool. So he also doesn't value his brand new iPhone 7 plus. I'm assuming he's gone mad because that's the only logical explanation for this nonsense. I'm genuinely perplexed as to why he was entertaining this burgundy billy goat.

"Nahhh you need to meet my flat mates. They are too funny. I'm the only girl though." She said as we walked up the hill.

"Rahhh all boys? I haven't met all my flat mates yet. I'm hoping they're calm cos I'm not looking to fight any of my flat mates this year." I said thinking back to my accommodation. Although it had been two days I hadn't really stayed in my flat or met all my flat mates. I had mainly been at Niko's or with my friends from home.

"I think you will love my flat mates. They're mandem and they are really jokes as well. We're thinking of planning a party soon. You should definitely come through."

We made our way to her accommodation which was on campus. It was a tall block of flats that resembled the ones in Brixton. We entered the small dingy lift and made our way to the 18th floor where she lived. Before she opened the door she turned to me.

"Just a warning they are probably going to move to you but don't feel intimidated. Not gonna lie they are really attractive , they're dogs but they're nice, once you get past that they're calm." She said.

That's just what a shy girl like myself needed to hear before meeting a random group of boys. I gulped as she twisted the key into her door. We stepped into her flat which was noticeably smaller than mine and we was created by the smell of food.

"Welcome to my crib." She said smiling. We walked into the kitchen where we was immediately greeted by testosterone. Immediately I wished my friend Simbi was here because she would have calmed my nerves. It had dawned on me that I was with strangers. Yes Kehinde was nice but I didn't know her and neither did I know these boys. I started to panic as my anxiety took over. Calm down Halima. You are big woman and you are at university. Calm down, I thought to myself.

"Ayyyyy what you saying Kehinde, who's this?" A big hench guy said licking his lips and rubbing his hands together. Guys. My ovaries. He was so big and tall. He was just pure muscle. Now I wasn't usually attracted to that but there was something about him that made me want to climb him. He was dark skin with that stupid pineapple hairstyle that all the black boys seemed to be rocking but it worked for him. He had a cheeky smile and I could tell that he was the joker of the group. Long story short he was fine as hell.