Standing still

Zanes pov

I lay there as school ends. I hear the laughter of students. I can hear people making plans, setting up dates, making jokes. I so badly wanted to be able to laugh like that. But I couldn't even smile right now. I pull up my tattered clothes and Blazes small scarf falls from my pocket reminding me of what I did to him. I keep telling people I can handle everything until it's too late. Then I end up hurt and so do they. Why couldn't I just let him help me? Why am I so dumb?! I got up from the cold ground.
Not because I wanted to but more because I had to. I avoided every one. As I headed for the schools gates. My steps were slow and weak but I didn't care I just needed to get out of here. "Zane!" Someone called out sending chills down my spine. I didn't turn around. "Zane! I'm glad I found you!" The voice called out. I couldn't face them. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. "Zane?" Their voice echoed. They turned me to face them. "What did he do?" He asked. "..." "What. Did. He. Do." He asked as the grip on my shoulder began to tighten. I opened my mouth to speak but it was like I had forgotten how to. The more I thought about what happened remembering each detail, it just set it in even more. Nothing could leave my mouth all I could do was fall into his arms and cry. "B-blaze!" I cried as I held him.

Blazes pov

He squeezed me like I'd disappear if he let go. "Zane tell me what happened so that I can help you." I cupped his face in my hands and wiped his tears. "I...don't...want to...talk." He mumble through tears. No matter how much I wanted to know what that asshole did to him right now I just needed to be there for him. I just nodded and held him close. "Blaze...?" He called out. "Yeah Zane?" I responded. "Can I stay at your house?" He asked. "Sure, c'mon." I lifted him up but he didn't bother trying to fight it. Other students laughed and smiled but I couldn't smile if he was upset. I couldn't feel at ease until I knew what happened to him. We reached my house and by that time he was sound asleep. I placed him on my bed to rest, and took a seat beside him. It was nice to see him calm. I slowly drifted off with him. And like that we were both out like a light.