Chapter Two

Rayleigh turned to Roger who smiled largely. His eyes lit up with adventure. He chuckled softly as they headed inside.

You sat in your room bound to a bedpost with a thick chain stuck to your leg. You looked to the window seeing the flames of anger outside your kingdom. Spittings of curses and tears of hurt. You sighed softly embracing yourself before turning away. The door of your room opened earning your attention. He stood in the doorway as he held out his hand.

"Kill me! Do it! I'd rather die than be your queen! My people wouldn't have to suffer under your rain if I'm dead!"

He clicked his tongue, "You think I'd do that? I need you alive and smiling for our wedding my wife."

"Don't you dare call me that! I don't belong to you!"

"Your majesty. There are pirates in the castle."

Your eyes widened as he growled. He stormed out of the room slamming the doors behind him. You winced turning to the floor. Once you turned back to the door you staggered up. You overturned your rug finding a hatch in the floor. Pulling the ring the hatch the door opened. As you reached inside you pulled out a cloth. Something was wrapped inside of it. You set it down in your lap before unwrapping it. Sitting on your lap sat a dagger with your last name engraved on it.

You picked it up seeing the reflection of your face in the metal. Taking two hands you held the blade above your heart and shut your eyes. But. Something moved the blade higher to your chest.

"If you're aiming for your heart, I'd aim here. The worse you could've done was lose a nipple."

You snapped your eyes open and turned behind you. The man from earlier sat behind you with a hand on yours. Your breath hitched seeing how handsome he was. Your eyes flicked to his form before back to his face.

"How did you get in here?" You asked.

"You really should lock your windows princess. You never know what kind of burglar could come in." He winked.

He set the blade down as you both kept eye contact. He was so, entrancing. His eyes kept you captive, his touch was delicate, while his scent was toxic of the sea. You couldn't look away.

"I think you dropped something." He stated.

You blinked cocking your head in confusion.
He leaned in closer putting a hand to your chin.

"Your jaw."

Then slowly shut your mouth. Hue of blush took your form. He chuckled but perked up to the chain. He got up unsheathing his sword and placing it between the links of the chain.

"Who are you?" You asked.

"Silvers Rayleigh." He said.

Lifting his sword then pierced the chain. Shattering a link and then sheathed his sword. You pulled up your leg to the metal encasing your ankle.

"And you princess?"

"(L/N) (F/N). Princess of this kingdom."

Rayleigh sat before your ankle and pulled out a safety pin from his pocket.

"Mind telling me what happened?" He asked.

"Well. It goes a little something like this."

You explained the situation as Rayleigh picked the lock to your anklet. But his efforts soon were insufficient having him draw his sword once more. Once you finished the story Rayleigh broke the anklet off having you grin. Rubbing over the chafed skin before looking up to him.

"Thank you so much!" You said.

He held out a hand you took it gingerly before he helped you up. Which ended up you stepping on your dress and slumping into his chest. Your face heated up before you pushed away. He chuckled softly as you brushed yourself off. You picked up the dagger seeing your last name on it.

"You're not-"

"No. I want to kill him. For the crimes he had done to this kingdom. For."

You ran a hand up to your neck. Feeling the ribbon wrapped on it.

"For hurting me."

Rayleigh smirked, "Then, shall we?"

He held out his hand as you smiled taking it softly. You smiled as Rayleigh lead you out of the room and down the hall. You hiked up your dress following Rayleigh down to a room. Two younger men leaned against the wall with a sword and a gun. The red haired one noticed you and grinned.

"Well hello ther-"

"Shush!" Rayleigh huffed.

He grumbled as Rayleigh and you pushed open the door. A man already stood in the room with him knelt down on the floor. You stepped up to him and knelt down to his level. Placing a knuckle to his chin you tilted up his chin.

"Long live the queen." You said.

You took the dagger placing it to his neck. His eyes darkened as a smirk placed on his lips.

"Any last words."

"Long live the queen."

You began to choke clutching onto the ribbon. Rayleigh hurried to you trying to figure out what was going on. But as his efforts began to fail. The more and more of your life was draining. The world grew hazy and there was a distance call of your name. Whole your lungs and throat began to burn. The ribbon pulled tighter and tighter to your neck. Rayleigh took the dagger from your hand and stabbed the man with it.

The ribbon frayed then fell from your neck. You gasped rolling onto your side. Rayleigh sat beside you noticing a red mark around your neck. You panted softly taking his hand.

"I owe you my life."

The following morning a bandage wrapped around your neck. While you looked out the window. People were throwing a party for the pirates. You smiled seeing some of them chatting or eating in the town. But noticed Rayleigh wasn't there.

"Are you going to celebrate with the others?" You asked.

You glanced over your shoulder to him. Rayleigh leaned against the door before approaching.

"I came to check on you." He said.

"I'm fine. Just a little." You touched your neck, "Sore."

He hummed leaning against the window. You turned to him taking his hand.

"What can I do to repay you?" You asked.

"Repay me?" He asked.

"Yes for saving my kingdom. And my life. There must be something I can do for you."

He smirked turning to you, "A simple kiss should suffice."

"A kiss? That's all?"

"For now."

You pursed your lips, "Pervert."

"Is that any way you should talk to your hero?"

"Oh you're some hero alright."

You grabbed his coat and kissed him roughly on the lips. Before pulling away you smirked.

"Satisfied?"

He smirked, "Come with me."