Chapter Seven: Finale

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Rayleigh asked.

You clicked your tongue, "Yes dear. Relax."

That being in your stomach had grown. A small lump was poking out as you rubbed your tummy. Rayleigh sighed kissing your stomach before embracing you. You giggled softly as he soon got up and scooped you up. He set you down before he kissed you.

You decided to stay on a small island. Keeping you safe and out of harm's way. Rayleigh agreed to this idea to keep you and his baby safe. Not knowing what would be lurking out on the sea. But you'd rather be safe than sorry. So you bought your own little cottage outside of town where everyone would lay off and you would keep out of sight.

"I will come back for you." He said.

You smiled, "I know. You always keep your word."

You both embraced before ke kissed your forehead. Rayleigh stepped onto the ship and headed off. You waved and said your goodbyes.

Until.

He disappeared.

The Roger Pirates just. Vanished. Without a trace, once they hit raftel. Your stomach grew and grew until it was about to pop. And your son came into the world.

Silvers Roger.

You figured Rayleigh would want to name his son after someone important in his life. So you picked Roger. Once he was big enough. You and Roger set out to meet his father half way. People said they've seen sightings of Rayleigh at an island called Sabaody. You and Roger soon headed there to greet him and finally reunite as a family.

"Wow mama. It's great here." Roger grinned.

You giggled, "I understand why your father lives here now."

"You think we can live here too?"

You shrug, "Maybe."

You weren't paying attention and ran into someone's chest. Before you fell you were scooped up into a dipping pose. You fluttered open your eyes to. Rayleigh. You smiled widely before embracing him. He blinked as he helped you up and you peppered him with kisses. But you soon pulled back confused. Rayleigh looked like he's never seen you in his entire life. There was a blank expression on his face, with a bit of confusion.

"Rayleigh?" You asked.

"That is my name." He said, "Do I know you?"

Your heart shattered, the words you feared. Rayleigh had forgotten all about you. The proposal, falling in love, saving you from that man.

"Uh. Oh. I must have the wrong person. I'm sorry." You smiled.

It was no use to reason with a man who couldn't remember your name, your face, or, you. Rayleigh turned to the boy with light blonde hair. And your face. He grinned to him before kneeling down.

"So sport what's your name?" He asked.

"Roger, sir."

"Roger. What a great name."

"Just like Gol D. Roger. Sir."

Rayleigh chuckled and ruffled his hair, "Take care of your mom for me okay?"

Roger smiled, "Sure thing."

Rayleigh stood and waved goodbye before stepping away. Thats when you clutched Roger's hand and tears welled in your eyes. Roger snapped to you as you swallowed thickly and gave a shaken breath.

"Mama. Why didn't you say anything to him? He might of remembered us." Roger said.

"It's no use talking to someone who doesn't remember you."

And that, was twenty years ago.

Rayleigh sat at the bar reading over the news paper. He hummed softly drinking some liquor while Shakky leaned over the bar.

"Anything good?" She asked.

"Roger keeps popping up everywhere." He grumbled.

The doors opened to the tavern earning the couple's attention. Roger stepped through putting up his long blonde hair. His eyes met Rayleigh before he furrowed.

"Silvers Rayleigh?" He asked.

"That's my name." Rayleigh said.

"I'm here to kill you."

He cocked a brow, "What for?"

"You've taken something I can't get back!"

Roger attacked but Rayleigh was quick to dodge and take the fight outside. Shakky grumbled to the knew knick in the bar.

"Stupid kids."

Roger and Rayleigh battled for what seemed to be a hot minute before Rayleigh tripped Roger. And. Sat on him. Roger flailed and tried to get out from under him but Rayleigh didn't budge.

"What did I take from you sport?" He asked.

Roger stopped moving, "Does, (Y/N). Ring a bell?"

Rayleigh snapped to him, "(Y/N)? Of course. Where is she? Is she okay? Is she with you and-"

"She's always with me. She's. Alright. I guess."

Rayleigh sighed in relief, "I owe her an apology. Waiting all those years. Not even remembering her own face. I. I was in an accident and I lost my memories for a few years. Until a bar fight broke out and I regained them. God. I bet she wants nothing to do with me now."

"That's what you think. She would've forgiven you and let you back into our lives."

Rayleigh looked to Roger, "You do look like your mom."

Roger grinned, "Yeah I know."

"Well. When can I see her?"

"Right now."

He grinned as he got off Roger and helped him up. Roger removed a necklace off his neck with a small bottle on it. He placed it in Rayleigh's hands. He furrowed seeing some kind of dust inside.

"I told you she was always with me." He said.

Rayleigh frowned to the bottle. You were contained in glass and corked all together. Roger had that task to bring that bottle to him. Even if he didn't want it. Rayleigh fell to his knees before looking up to Roger.

"W-What happened?"

"She. Protected me from some bandits. They hurt her pretty badly and she died three days later. She wanted you to have that. So you could have a piece of her with you."

Rayleigh slipped the bottle around his neck, he placed a hand over it. As a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Pops."

He glanced up to Roger, "Yeah son?"

"How did you guys meet?"

Rayleigh smiled softly, "She practically fell into my arms...."

I'm gonna write another Rayleigh x Reader with a happier ending. Now that I know Rayleigh and Shakky aren't married. Hehe!