Chapter Five

Short chapter

You blinked in surprise, "Wh-what?"

"Marry me."

Rayleigh scooped you up into his arms as he grinned to you.

"I'd hate for you to raise my child by yourself."

"Alright I'll marry you."

He grinned spinning you around and then set you down. You both kissed while Shanks grinned.

"So. When's the wedding?"

The two of you pulled away as Rayleigh held your hands in his own.

"On the next island. We will be wed there."

"Then so be it."

You grumbled waking up to your stomach swollen more. Rayleigh was lying on your stomach. Whispering sweet nothing's to the sweet child residing in your stomach. Shanks couldn't shut his yap and told the whole crew. About the child and you and Rayleigh's engagement. Everyone had to make sure you were okay. You and Rayleigh had stopped to get married but. The island would rather seen you two get hung then married. So you couldn't do much but wait.

It was days like this where you and Rayleigh could be alone. Where he could kiss your stomach softly and rub over your soft skin. He'd then look to you and kiss you softly before rubbing over your stomach. You'd kiss back wrapping your arms around his neck. Tongue and teeth soon meshed while his hands roamed up your body. He rumbled pulling back.

"Well well, looks like you've grown a little too." He said.

"They will get bigger over time."

He smirked to that, "Oh really?"

"Pervert."

"Marines!!"

Rayleigh shot up and turned to you, "Stay here. I can take them."

You nodded as Rayleigh got dressed. He kissed you softly before leaving. You clutched onto the bed hoping things would be alright. But they always were. Roger knew how to take care of his crew and never backed down from a fight.

You clutched onto your pillow burying your face into it. Muffling out the sounds of gunfire and sword clashing. But. Also muffling the sound of the intruder that snuck into your room. He grinned licking his lips entering the room. You perked up as you felt the floorboards shift. You gasped as the marine pinned you down to the floor. You growled trying to fight him but you were too weak. He managed to get you on your stomach and clamp your wrists together.
The marine held a gun to your back before taking you up onto the deck. Rayleigh's eyes caught yours as you held fear and terror in them. The gun moved to the back of your head as Rayleigh sliced down the marine he was fighting.

"Drop your weapons or the woman gets it." He barked.

The crew glanced around to each other before chuckling softly. The marine pressed the gun harder into your skull.

"I said drop them!"

"I didn't leave her down there to hide her from you. I hid her to hide you from her." Rayleigh said.

You glanced to him headbutting him hard and kicked the gun away. Then jumped through your arms before breaking the cuffs. Rayleigh taught you these tricks to make you seem strong. There is always a weak link in the chains. If you headbutt someone it will knock them away. Simple.

You grumbled rubbing your head as Rayleigh approached you. He chuckled to the red mark on your forehead.

"Good job." He said.

"(Y/N)!" Shanks called.

You both perked up to the Marine holding a gun. He pointed it at you. And with a blink of an eye gunfire broke out. And with a flash Rayleigh pulled you out of the way. While. The bullet struck him. Your eyes widened as he slumped to the deck. You screamed falling to his side.

"Rayleigh?!"

Shanks took care of the marine while you watched Rayleigh give ragged breathes. He winced clutching onto your hand as blood pooled onto the deck. You frantically pulled off your sash and pressed down onto the wound. He chuckled softly as his shaken hand placed on your cheek.

"I love you, I love you, I absolutely, love you." He breathed.

Then his hand slumped to the deck.