Harlem New York-2004

I remember this day like the back of my hand. It was dark and stormy, Momma woke me and my sister up and ushered us down stairs. John our next door neighbor held something in his arms that looked all too familiar. My oldest brothers dead body lie right in front of me.  Multiple gun wounds leaking blood on our living room floor. My mother collapsed on to the floor sobbing, my sister tried to comfort her I stood there staring at the lines of blood  trailing the floor. The pattern intrigued me and I think that was when I discovered my artistic talent. Ever since that day I have always wanted to draw whenever I had the chance for me it was still the renaissance even if I was alone.

I was eleven years old that day and I had already experienced death now it's 2011 I am eighteen years old and enrolling for Harlem University because I knew there was no way I was gonna be able to  go to my dream college of UCLA. I was from an all black neighborhood where you could hardly keep a friend for a year because they were either killed, arrested, or they moved away. I don't think... scratch that I know they would never accept someone from a place like that.

September 5, 2011- 6:00 am

I woke up feeling tight in the limbs I pulled on my jogging suit and opened the door out of my small apartment. Only to find out it was raining. I was going to have to skip my daily jog. I closed the door and went to the laundry room which doubled as a room for my dog Cujo  the corgi. His name didn't fit him well because he was very lovable. I Fed him loaded the washing machine then changed my clothes. I put on my burgundy converse with black skinny jeans and a white crop top that said Hood on it. I grabbed my umbrella and went to check my mail. I grabbed the papers, put them on my table, and decided to open them later.