Harlem, New York 2011

I woke in the middle of the night my sheets soaked from my sweat. I got and got in the shower. Sometimes I hated the world I used to think bad things couldn't happen to me because I was so normal but now... I feel anything but normal. I went to the table were I dropped the letters yesterday. and I opened them one by one. Bills, rent, My little sister, and my college acceptance letter. I held the velvety envelope in my hand careful not to rip it read...

Ms. Shaquila,

A2 Wellington Towers apartment,

Harlem,

Dear Ms. Shaquila,

I, Mr. Shaw, the dean of Strayer University, am glad to announce application for admission to our institute has been accepted. However assurance from your side and excellent past academic records in view, be fair to grant you an opportunity to save one whole year.

         Yours faithfully,

Mr. Edward Shaw

I was so happy I screamed which caused my dog to howl so we both sat on the floor howling and being happy.

//The Next Day//

I decided after this good news to take a trip to the mall and by some things to decorate my dorm room. I bought pretty owl lanterns and a cool lamp with music notes all over it. After hours of shopping I went to the veterinary clinic to tell my boss I would have to work nights since I would have classes in the morning. " You know Quilla, for such a young lady you handle things like a women should" she said.

"Thank you, I just know how to take initiative ma'am" I replied.

authors note: Hey guys sorry this chapter is pretty bleh and its short but the next one is gonna be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better!