Harlem, New York

"So sir what brings you here...besides college?" I questioned him.

"Well I... your gonna think I'm crazy but I uh.." he stumbled on his sentence which was kinda cute...

"I came here to look for you..." he squeaked.  I was so startled I almost dropped his bag. then I narrowed my eyes and stared at him.

"Why would you come here for me" I asked him.

"Because you're..." His sentence was cut off when a bus splashed water, leaving  us drenched on a curb. We both bust out laughing then I remembered I never asked what his name was!

"What's your name? Oh and I'm Quilla"

Marcus' P.O.V

Quilla was great She showed me around the town of Harlem and helped me get acquainted to my dorm. She even introduced me to some of her friends, though I would rather hangout with her. I knew I was falling for her but she didn't feel the same for me. I looked at her longingly as she pet her dog Cujo. She looked at me and smiled a perfect killer smile that any guy would fall for.

" So Marcus I was thinking since we don't have any classes tomorrow we could go downtown and get a coffee" she implied. I took this as an opportunity to tell her how I felt... tomorrow.

"Sounds good to me" I answered

//the next day//

We got into her small grey Cadillac at 7:00 in the morning. She revved the engine and we were of. She switched on the radio and Forget you by Cee Lo Green came on. I hummed the tune but she sang it and I tapped a beat on the dash board and nodded my head when the verse began.

"See you drivin' round town with the girl I love and I'm like forget you!" she sang

When we got to the cafe' I grabbed her hand and pulled out a chair for her. I saw her smile a little. We ordered our drinks and I saw the waiter flirt with her a little and I just sat there... awkwardly. after the waiter left we talked about our classes and life before we met each other.

" So what do you really want to do here, like your deepest desire?" she asked me. This was my chance to tell her how I felt! I mustered as much courage as humanly possible.
"Kiss you." I replied.

"What..." I cut her sentence off by taking her face in my hands and kissing her.