~Chapter 2~

Harriet's POV
11.59pm. I sit waiting in this tiny, magical room which is in 'the tower'. I look out the window to see the church clock in the distance, lit up by the city and all it's nightlife.
*Ding dong ding dong*
Midnight! As I realise what the time is, the hatch opens and out pops Mathias!
"Mathias! I was beginning to think you wern't coming!"
"And miss time with my favourite girl? You must be joking"
He said this with a smirk, which was cute. I remembered what I had wanted to talk to him about, which was definitely serious so I wanted his full attention.
"Mathias...I want to run away"
"I know, and we will be gone next year, we just have to wait a while."
" I mean, I want to run away with you tomorrow night"
"What? Really? Do you have a plan?"
"Yes, I've been planning this for months. Last night assured me I want to run away tomorrow."
"Okay. Harriet, you know I will protect you with all of my power, and we can do this. Where should we go?"
"Scotland. No one would find us there, on a small farm with sheep and pigs and chickens, raising a family. We would find a small cottage to live in and grow from there!"
"I love that idea! Harriet...I love you"
"I love you too Mathias! Now, here's the plan"...
I proceed to tell him the exact times and locations that we need to meet. The guards patrol the premises, but they are not in a particular place for 10 minutes. That is our escape.
Bring on tomorrow.

Mathias' POV
I can't believe it. We're actually going to do it! Me and Harriet will run away together into the sunset. I know we're only 14, but anything is possible.
"I will see you tomorrow Harriet, we can do it!"
"I love you so much, nothing will stop us"
"Oh Mathias, I love you too! We can do anything!"
Yes, we can do anything.
Anything.