Breathe

-Nico

Sinking, drifting, falling. The world seemed endless as I fell.

Blue and blurry. Haziness surrounded me as I felt entranced. Controlled. Something wrapped around me, it was tight and I couldn't move.

Someone came for me. I didn't know that person but I felt strong mixed feelings. Caring, anger, passion and love. Was it even love? Was that how it felt? I also felt feelings coming off him. Worry, anger, scared and love. 

Why was he worrying? Why was he mad? Why was he afraid? I didn't get anything, I didn't understand.

It wasn't clear but I could roughly make out the words. Those words coming out of his mouth was,"Layla! Layla!"

What's Layla?  It was a familiar word. 

"Layla..." I mumbled. I watched as bubbles escaped my mouth. A name... My name... My name is Layla. 

He was still shouting and reached out his hand towards me and pulled the things that held me. He was close. Very close. He finally pulled them out and hugged me tightly.

It was an odd feeling. He held my hand and paddled up to the surface. I automatically began breathing. Suddenly, I felt as if I was brought back to life. I was now gasping for breath and trying to stay afloat. For some reason I didn't want to go back down there. To me, it felt horrifying. It was a beautiful, deep, blue but it scared me.

I instinctively knew how to swim for some reason and swam to the shore.

When we reached the shore, the guy and I were panting. Now that I take a look at his features, his brown hair was messy from the water. He had blue eyes which were the same color as the sea. His lips were pink and plump. He looked perfect.

"Layla... You'll be the death of me." 

I tiled my head to one side. "What do you mean?"

He hit me lightly and chuckled,"Stop joking, Layla."

I rubbed the spot he hit. "Why did you hit me?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and as if he thought of something, his eyes lit up. "What do you normally call popsicles?" 

"What are popsicles?"

His face immediately paled. Mixed feelings were coming off him. His feelings this time more heavier than the previous time.

Sad, anger, protectiveness, scared and disappointment. Tears sprung from his eyes. He came closer to hug me.

"Oh Layla... My dear, sweet Layla..."