one day

listen to this song while reading! -Nico

I met a boy. He was sweet and caring. He was the first person I've ever loved and I was the first person he loved.

We met at a library. He was helping the librarian and he showed interest in the books I borrowed.

"Falaniel? You'll never regret reading this one."

I immediately smiled. "Yeah."

One day, he took me out to a beautiful place. We were friends. The place was stunning. It was an open field, filled with grass and flowers. Nobody was there. I was overjoyed. We had a picnic.

"I didn't know you could cook." I said skeptically.

"I have a ton more up my sleeve." He winked.

I felt happy.

One day, he had a fight with his parents. He stayed over at my place but my parents weren't happy to know that there was a boy over. He hugged me from the back when I was staring at my window.

"One day... Let's watch the stars together. At that place."

I knew what place he was talking about and nodded my head. "Definitely."

I felt happy.

One day, he gave me a doll that looked like him.

"For my pretty lady."

I hit him lightly and asked,"What's this for?"

He winked and gave me his signature smirk. "For when you become my girlfriend."

"Yes!" I jumped and hugged him.

He laughed and leaned closer to my ear and whispered,"I love you."

I loved him too.

One day, he said he had a surprise and left me blindfolded. He brought me to a house and told me,"This will be where we're living from now on."

I was so joyful that I cried. I was truly happy. He gave me an engagement ring.

"Let's get married."

I kissed the living daylights out of him.

The day of the wedding was the most important moment of my life. We said our vows sincerely, looking into each other's eyes.

"I do."

"I do."

We lived in our house and because of our work, we slowly drifted apart.

We noticed how short we spent our time together but we couldn't help it.

One day, he collapsed and got sent to the hospital. He was unconscious. He was being a given a check up by the doctors but it was too late.

He was dead.

My mind wouldn't accept it. My head slumped into my hands. Tears welled up in my eyes. He was dead.

He was dead. He was dead. He was dead. He was dead. He was dead.

"He had cancer." The doctor stated.

I stared at him with eyes wide open.

"When we checked, the tumor was black. He must have had it for quite awhile."

I didn't know what to say. I nodded my head. My legs felt weak. Memories of us in high school started to flash in my head.

I knew I couldn't get him back.