not a prude

not a prude

"Hi, Luke." I say, walking up to his locker.

"Oh, hi Layla." He replies with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

I roll my eyes, "What? A girl can't come see her friend?"

"No, no. I didn't mean it like that, you just took me by surprise, I guess." He chuckles.

"I know, I was just teasing."

"So what's up?" He asks.

"I was wondering if I could sit by you guys at lunch, or is that forbidden by guy code?" I joke.

"Ha-ha. Funny. But, uh, no I don't think it matters to them. I wouldn't mind being able to sit by you." He smiles.

"Okay, well I just need to grab my lunch from my locker and I can meet you there."

"Do you care if I go with you?"

"Of course not."

We head down the hall, slowly, walking to my locker. A silence settles between us as I think of something to say. Thankfully, Luke had the same idea and he breaks the quiet.

"I had fun the other night."

"Me too, I slept so good when i got home." I giggle, him joining me.

"Yeah, we were up pretty late and Michael's idea of a dance party at 2 in the morning didn't help." He chuckles  before continuing, "I'm sorry if me kissing you made you uncomfortable."

I open up my locker and he leans on the one next to me.

"It didn't make me uncomfortable, at all." I say, grabbing my lunch and phone.

"Well, it didn't make me uncomfortable either," he smiles, "It was a good kiss."

I blush, "Because you made it a good kiss."

"Hmm, I don't remember that. Mind kissing me again so I can tell you if you're wrong because it was all you, sweetheart."

I roll my eyes and gently slap him with my hand. "You're so full of yourself, Hemmings."

"No, I'm full of you, Stirling." Luke shoots back.

I just ignore his comment that made my stomach erupt with butterflies and walked into the cafeteria and sat down, Luke following.

Carlee wiggles her eyebrows but Michael is the first one to make a comment.

"So, you decided to make out in a janitors closet. Kinky."

"Oh, fuck off, mate." Luke groans.

I blush and distract myself from everyone's stares by going on my phone. I see a few new texts from my mom and open them.

Momma:
Hi sweetie, I'm going on another trip this weekend to Seattle and wanted to know if you wanted to go visit again?

Momma:
If not, you'll be home for the next few weeks by yourself...

Momma:
It's up to you though.

I set my phone down and look to my best friends.

"Hey, my mom offered to take me back to Seattle but god knows I can't go back there. What do I tell her?"

Chrissy's eyes widen, "Just say you don't want to. You know damn well if you go, your life will be a mess... again."

"Why will it be a mess?" Ashton asks and the other boys nod expectantly.

I put my head in my hands and groan because it's a long, stupid story.

"Well you see, sometime last year, I went to Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital with my mom because it was the first time my moms hospital offered to let me go with. Anyways, while I was there for the three months, or however long we were visiting, I met a doctor in training named Jackson Avery. He was around 22 at the time and he worked as a receptionist while he went to college for his medical degree. He showed me all around the hospital and hung out with me everyday while my mom worked. After about a month and a half, he started getting really touchy with me and he told me he liked me... a lot."

"Wait, you were 17 and he was 22?" Luke asks and I nod in response, "What the fuck, that's totally illegal."

"No, really? I thought it was the norm." Michael replied sarcastically and Luke glares at him.

"Continue, please." Calum says.

"Oh right, so he's beginning to get touchy and stuff and one day we were alone outside and he kissed me. It was a gentle kiss, not at all forced and I kissed back. After that, he got even more touchy. Sometimes he'd randomly slap my ass and I didn't mind because this guy was pretty good looking. And one day, Jackson changed completely. He'd pin me against walls and make out with me randomly and one day we got caught."

"Woah, did he get arrested?" Ashton asks.

"Shh!" Carlee scolds, "It just got interesting."

"As I was saying, we got caught and this other doctor was yelling at him and asking me what my age was and shit so I lied. I told her I was eighteen so it was legal and he didn't get in trouble. He still works there and told me that the next time I visit, I'm quote, 'getting what every good girl deserves'."

Luke groans next to me and shifts uncomfortably and Calum erupts into laughter.

"Who knew Stirling wasn't such a prude." Michael jokes and Carlee slaps him.

"I know right, I'm surprised I even let it happen." I laugh.

"I'm ashamed, Layla. That doesn't seem like something you would do. You could get diseases or in really big trouble for that." Ashton scolds and I roll my eyes.

The bell rings and as we are getting up to leave I whisper for only Luke to hear.

"And I thought you were my daddy."

---

Fucking hell I want this to be over because I need them to make out and love each other already.

Layla is kinda starting to realize it's not so awkward to joke with Luke like this so she's starting to do it more and Luke is obviously pretty open about his feelings for her so yeee.

I've only gotten 9 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours and I'm dYING

Follow me on my other social medias
Snap: madisonlumley
Insta: madisongrace1220
Tumblr: lolitsjustmadison

Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed

-M :)