look better

look better

"Seriously?!" Carlee half yelled in disbelief.

"Carlee, quiet down." I shushed her and grabbed her arms that were in the air, bringing them down to the table.

"This is a big deal Layla!" She squealed. "Layke is real!"

"This is not a big deal." I laughed and shook my head.

"Yes it is." Carlee groaned. "Layke is alive!" She yelled out whilst her arms raised to the heavens.

"What's Layke?" I asked confused.

"Ship name." Chrissy mumbled, raising her head up from slumber.

"Guess who's back from the dead." Carlee cheered. Chrissy flipped her off and laid her head back down.

"Carlee, leave the troll be." I laughed out and received a pathetic hit on the arm from Chrissy.

"Why do you guys always pick on me." Chrissy whined and sat up, fully awake now.

"Because, you're always grumpy. It's easiest to get a reaction out of you." Carlee laughed a bit and I nodded.

"We love you though." I patted the top of her head.

"Speak for yourself." Carlee mumbles, earning a glare from Chrissy. "I'm just kidding, my beautiful sunflower."

"What does that even mean?" Chrissy asks confused.

Carlee just waves her off and turns to me. "Anyways, like I was saying, he is totally into you."

"Oh my god, it was one night and nothing happened."

"What do you mean "nothing happened", he danced with you and took you home and kissed you!" Chrissy says, caught up in the story.

"First of all, it was just two friends dancing and having a fun time and second, he didn't kiss me, he just pressed his lips on my cheek." I explain, blood rushing to my face.

"Yeah, sweetheart, that's called a kiss." Carlee mocks Luke's words from the other night.

"Whatever." I mumble and roll my eyes. I pick through my salad when Carlee and Chrissy say they'll be right back and go out of the cafeteria with Michael. And that's when Luke comes into view.

I hurry up to swallow the food in my mouth and wipe my face with a napkin, praying to someone that I don't look disgusting. I close my salad and push it away.

"You look better." Luke states with a slight smirk.

"Ha, thanks." I sarcastically reply. "You don't look too bad yourself, Hemmings."

"Yeah, I get that a lot."

I roll my eyes at his comment and try to ignore Calum and Ashton staring right at us from across the cafeteria.

"Hey, uh, thanks for taking me home the other night. Like, who knows what could've happened if I was dealing with myself alone in that state."

"You know, you should be more careful, Layla. I don't want you getting hurt." Luke suggests, sincerely. I don't know why but this almost angers me.

"Why would you care, anyways?" I slap a hand over my mouth almost immediately. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound that bitchy, I just- you just - I uh-"

"Layla, it's alright. I understand. We used to be best friends and then I ditched you and we grew apart. I know where you're coming from, but I've been trying to apologize for ages. Whenever I come over you're never home and I've texted you a million times. I've tried, I really have."

"Wait, you haven't texted me since the day you told me you were leaving."

"Uh, yeah, I have." Luke coughs awkwardly.

"Oh my god..." I whisper. I immediately get on my phone to look through my blocked numbers and I see Lukey at the top of the list. I unblocked him and my phone was flooded with texts from him.

"Luke, I'm so sorry, I think blocked you and that's probably why I haven't responded to any of your texts." I apologize, scrunching up my face like he's going to hit me.

"That makes me feel a lot better, honestly." He states, relaxing. "I just thought you ignored all my texts."

I start reading through all of them, there has to be at least 80. All of them ranging from a few sentences to long paragraphs explaining himself and how he feels like shit. I look up at him as his teeth bite on his lip ring. My expression softens as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry." I say into his shoulder.

Luke's arms then find their way around my waist, "Don't be."

We pull away and share a smile.

"I don't even know how we stopped talking completely, I blocked you because your friends were sending me pictures of dicks and I'm pretty sure one of them was Calums, but I didn't unblock you because you stopped talking to me the day I didn't come to lunch."

"Yeah, I regret that. A lot more than you'd think."

"I forgive you, it sounds pretty stupid on both our parts, so let's forget about it." I offer and Luke nods in agreement.

"Hey, would you and Carlee and maybe Chrissy want to come over tonight? It was just gonna be me and the guys but there's gonna be pizza and movies." Luke says through a cheesy smile.

"Yeah, I'll be there. I'll talk to Chrissy and Carlee after lunch." I smile back.

The bell rings and Carlee comes to interrupt.

"Sorry, but I'll be taking this back." Carlee grabs me and pulls me away from Luke. He laughs and waves at me, I wave back, smiling.

"You better tell me everything, Stirling."

"Well, how do you feel about pizza at Luke's for dinner?" I ask, looking between the girls. They look at me excitedly and pull me into a hug.

"We are so proud of you, handling a conflict on your own." Chrissy exclaims, her hand on her heart.

"You get a golden star." Carlee repeats the same sarcasm Chrissy had.

"You sound like parents of a successful trumpet player who just got a scholarship to Juilliard." I tell them through a laugh.

"But yeah, I'm always up for free pizza." Carlee replies to my offer from before.

"I'm down." Chrissy says.

"I'll text Luke to tell him we'll be there."

Yaya
Hey, Chrissy and Carlee said they'll be there. What time?

Lukey
We can give you a ride after school and Carlee can drive Chrissy x

Yaya
Sounds like a plan :)

Lukey
:-)*

I roll my eyes at his text and put my phone away as I walk into my next class. I take a seat and begin writing down the bell work when my phone vibrates again.

Lukey
Don't worry, sweetheart, there won't be any alcohol tonight ;-)

----

Wow, second chapter.

Luke's getting a little flirty because he feels comfortably around Layla now that they figured out their differences :)

Also, the whole thing between Luke and Layla was almost a year and it was all just a misunderstanding between both of them, so no hard feelings and they're basically back to normal. They just have a lot of catching up to do.

Ahh it's midnight and I have 3 tests tomorrow so wish me luck...

Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed

-M :)