Family

Avery's pov

I finally got Dad's approval to date. The impossible has finally happened. Mom and Dad went to get a pizza to bring back. My phone buzzes with a text from Sebastian. I text him back saying I'm alright and that he should come visit. A few minutes have passed, and there's a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say. It's Sebastian.

"Hey, Avery." He walks over to me. He has a teddy bear in hand, and hugs me. "This is for you." He hands me the bear that has a "get well soon" heart in its hands.

"Aww, thanks Sebastian."

"So, federal agents?"

"They told you too?" I ask.

"Yea, it's hard to believe, but it's really cool."

"Dad said that we could date if we wanted too."

"What? Really?"

"He said that you were a good kid, and that he approves you."

"That's awesome, Avery."

"Yea, I just don't want to date until I can walk on my own." We both laugh. Mom and Dad come in the room, followed by my brothers and sisters, Evan, and Sebastian's parents. They have pizza, ice cream, and coke.

"Hey! Thought you could use some company!" Noah says, running up and hugging me, tightly, but gently.

"Hey sis. I've missed you." Jayden says, walking over to hug me.

"Me too." Sadie says.

"Me four." Elliot says. We all laugh. "What?"

"You're supposed to say me three. Not me four." Noah says in between giggles.

"Oh, probably why I'm failing math."

"What?!" Mom yells.

"Yea, got a D on my test today."

"We will talk about that later." There's another knock on the door.

"Hey! Thought we'd swing by, got the whole crew here!" Callen says. Anna and Paislee are beside him. Noah immediately walks over to Paislee and they start talking. There's another knock on the door.

"Hey Avery!" Cam runs to hug me.

"Hey guys! Cam insisted on seeing you. And we couldn't let her come alone." Sam says, Michelle in front of him.

"The whole family is here." I say. Everybody circles around the room. I look at these people, and see family. Elliot and Jayden talking to Noah and Paislee. Sadie and Cam are catching up. Dad, Mom Callen, Anna, Sam, Michelle, Eric, and Nell all laughing and talking. Sebastian by my bed, holding my hand. Family isn't just blood. It's who you love and who love you unconditionally, forever.