The Lost Boys' Mother

Chapter 2:

I was laying on the cot and singing to Harry. It was a song that I loved and I remember my own mom singing to me when I was young. "Momma?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"Are you going to stay with us forever?"

"Well, it depends on how long forever is."

"Forever is an infinity that I want to spend with you." I could feel myself getting chocked up. He was maybe five and already knew so much. "Can you sing me the song again? You have a very pretty voice, like the one I would imagine my birth momma having."

"Of course, I will always sing you to sleep." I paused so he could snuggle into my side. "Harry, let me be the one to, light a fire inside those eyes. You don't even know me but I can feel you crying! Harry, let me be the one to, lift your heart up and save your life. I don't think you even realize, baby you'd be saving mine." When I peeked at him, he was sound asleep, and had a death grip on my still bloody shirt. "I need to talk to Peter about getting a new outfit." Was my last thought before I drifted into a deep sleep.

Pans POV:

I woke up before the sun was up so I could go see Tink about an outfit for Anne. When I returned I made sure I had some nuts and berries for breakfast. Upon entering the camp, I noticed all of the boys surrounding Anne. She was laughing at some act one of them was performing. I saw Felix standing in the shadows, as usual. "Food!" At that one word, the boys were getting plates and the fire ready. Anne walked over to me and hugged me.

"Thank you for helping me. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't come when you did."

"Your dad would be feeling like a hero and celebrating the same way he grieved for you mother, with a drink." I don't know why I said that. Suddenly, when i thought she would be too shocked and walk away at my bluntness, she started giggling.

"Probably. How do you know so much about me? And how much do you know?" She sounded almost worried, like she didn't want me to know about her past.

"I just know your dad was a drunk and that your mom died and it made your dad become drunk. I also know that you look like your mom which is why your dad was constantly drinking." After I finished she looked relieved, which I thought was odd. Is she hiding something from me?

I smiled at her and grabbed her hand, pulled her over to the rest of the boys who were eating and made her a bowl of our nut and berry oatmeal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She didn't see me in the back of the group, standing next to Felix. "I believe the boys are going to be fine with her as their mother, don't you agree Felix?"

"I agree. It's odd though, did you see her reaction when Harry asked why she had that wound on her side? Its almost like she doesn't want us to know about her past."

"I know. I just don't want to scare her off. The younger boys need a mother, and if Harry is comfortable around her, then all of them will."

"What about the boys that are closer to her age Pan? They aren't going to see a mother, they are going to see a potential partner."

"You missed the meeting last night. I told the boys to only see her as a mother."

"Right, I 'missed the meeting'. What a lame excise for you saying you didn't want to use your magic on me."

"You know me too well Felix. Take some of the guys to go hunt or whatever."

"Of course." With that he crept off and pretty much melted into the woods. I looked over and saw Anne sitting in the dirt writing the letters for little Harry and whispering what each letter "said". It was adorable. I noticed that she was still in the blood stained and ripped shirt and shorts from when I brought her to Neverland. Suddenly, I felt a presence in the camp. Upon further inspection, I found out it was Tinker Bell. She had brought an entire trunk of supplies, which meant she was going to turn the old tree house into a beauty parlor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anne's POV:

Tink had everything that would give me a hardened Neverland style that I needed. Of course, they would also give me a motherly look at the same time. When I came down the ladder, I could feel every pair of eyes on me.