The Lost Boys' Mother

Chapter 4:

Peters POV:

I flew off. It was my first instinct after seeing her have to comfort little Harry. I knew that's what a mother did, but it still made me embarrassed. I decided to go to the highest point on Never Land so I could remember. Remember the days when I wasn't hateful and angry. The days when I wouldn't hold a knife to the throat of one of my own Lost Boys. Why did I bring her here? I'm such an idiot. As long as I can keep her close to Harry or myself, she should be fine. Of course, we aren't always going to be there to protect her.

I heard someone behind me. I quickly turned and saw Anne. She gave me a half smile and a hug. "You don't need to run every time you get upset. Harry was angry that one of his brothers would say that about his mommy. He wasn't frightened by you, he always looks up to you Peter. All of them do."

"It still isn't right. I held a knife to the throat of my own brother!"

"You don't need to worry about it, the will boys understand. Lets get back to camp, I don't know how long it is gonna take the boys to catch on to the fact that we are

"Yeah, lets go. Wait, how did you get here?" She giggled at my question.

"I flashed. Tink taught me how before I came back. Cool, huh?" She shimmered for a second then disappeared. I heard her giggle on my right ear and her thin arms snake around my midsection. "I caught the legendary Peter Pan off guard. How do you feel about that Peter?"

I laughed, "I'm shocked! I didn't know you had it in you." She laughed at my sarcastic tone. "Lets go love."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When we got back, little Harry ran up and hugged me. It was a little shocking. "Thank you for telling Devon to shut up. He shouldn't talk to any woman, mother or not, like that. It was nasty the way he talked to mommy."

"You are very welcome Harry. I agree, what Devon said was nasty." He flashed me a dimpled smile. "Go tell the boys to start hunting Harry. It is going to be dinnertime soon."

"Okay Pan!"

After he ran off, I turned to Anne and smirked. "Let me show you our tent. I hope you don't mind sharing with me, but I think that we should stay together so I could protect you."

She smiled, "Sure, I guess that makes sense, especially after Devon's comment earlier."

I walked her over to my tent and pulled open the flap. Her eyes lit up as she saw the interior. She walked to the center with an uncontrollable wildness in her eyes. I sauntered over to her and ever so slowly pressed my lips to hers.

Anne's POV:

Fireworks. That was all i could feel as his lips touched mine. There was something there that hadn't been there before. Our hearts were beating in sync and then we continued to kiss. His tongue licked my bottom lip, asking for permission. I happily granted it. We fell asleep curled up together. Even when Harry came to wake us up, we didn't even budge.