ONWARD!

[I have decided the land will be littered with ancient items used for defeating guardians. I thought of this because of something I plan to do either in this chapter or the next and for that I need an ancient arrow. No spoilers though ;) ]

(recap: you were on the way to Inogo bridge with Sidon. You have equipped a Zora sword and shield and Sidon has equipped the same. You also have a bag for collection currency and an item pocket for collecting extra items you find on your travels.)

You leap from the water and land on the bridge. You look around in victory as you notice Sidon isn't there yet. Your victory is short when you realize he is very far behind. At what point had you lost him? you wonder for a moment watching the water. "am I really so fast that I left him in the ripples?"

Then from out of the water Sidon emerges and spins in the air over the bridge before landing on his feet next to you. he smirks a victorious smirk at the water. "haha (y/n) I win I beat you..." then he pauses and looks at you. "oh... you're here already."

"yeah." you say surprised.

"must be because I took the short cut." Sidon scratches the back of his head.

"but if you had taken a shorter route wouldn't you have won?" you question.

"I might have gotten the shorter route confused for the longer one." Sidon says sticking his tongue out a little.

You shake your head chuckling a bit. "your hilarious." You say and then turn the other way. "from now on let's not split up though. We wouldn't want to get lost."

"fair enough." Sidon nods.

(i found a zelda dungeon interactive map of the hyrule overworld. the pins are going to be useful later on... first you travel the red path to the fork in the road and then the blue path to Akkala. the black path is a monster skull fort.)

The two of you start your way down the next path heading to a fork in the road that leads to Hyrule field or Akkala

"so which road do you want to take first?" Sidon questions. "this way goes to Akkala and the other goes out to Hyrule field."

You look down the road to Hyrule field and frown as the image of Guardians attacking Sidon appears in your mind again. "I think Akkala might be a good place to start."

"then onward to Akkala!" Sidon says pointing with his sword.

The two of you are walking down the path in an awkward silence until Sidon dips into a bush and drags you with him. "hu?" you question.

Sidon points at a skull fort nearby which has a viable five red Bokoblin sitting around an open fire roasting a prime meat. "enemies."

"it would appear so." You say musing that Sidon had seen them hidden off the path without some kind of map.

"we should get them." Sidon says looking at you. "it's a good beginner enemy."

"alright you're the boss." You say drawing your sword. "what's the plan?"

"the plan is... don't die." Sidon smirks and draws his sword to. "frontal attack." He then jumps from the bush and down the side of the hill towards the skull.

"are you crazy!?" you hiss. You follow behind him with your sword in one hand and you shield in the other.

Sidon slides into the middle of the skull and spins knocking all five down but they get back up. you slide in behind Sidon and block as one of the Boko swings a club. You knock it back with your shield and take down the Boko with a well-timed sword strike.

"I thought you knew what you are supposed to be doing!?" you call blocking another attack.

"haha where's your sense of adventure." Sidon chuckles swinging at another Boko.

"I don't have a death wish. And these swords can't take very much abuse." You reply covering with your shield to avoid another attack. Then you see a Boko at a distance with a bow aiming for Sidon and you growl in frustration. 'I would have been able to see the bow if we had taken our time to think before rushing into battle.' You look around seeing one of the other Boko had dropped five arrows and a Boko bow. You roll across the ground pick up the bow aim quickly and hit the Bokoblin between the eyes before it can fire an arrow.

Sidon downs the last Boko and turns to you with a smirk. "see that wasn't so hard."

You huff and pick up the five arrows dropped by the other Bokoblin and another Bow. "you got lucky that I was paying attention." You say waving the bow around. "this one nearly shot you."

"I have three hearts." Sidon shrugs. "no big deal."

You frown. "I think there is a stable up the road a bit... we should go there to rest."

"good plan. I bet they have something tasty to eat." Sidon smiles and leads the way up the hill back towards the path.

You stop and check a treasure chest and find 200 rupees. "this come in handy I bet." You hurry after Sidon and the two of you make your way to South Akkala stable.