irl

i've never cried so much. i thought our engagement was emotional. i thought tom getting me a puppy was emotional. but this topped the cake. from the second i began walking down the aisle, tears were clouding my vision. my dad handed me over to tom, and he smiled at me through his own tears. everyone was emotional except our dogs, tessa and abby, who stood beside tom and i in their flowery collars.

     the reception wasn't as emotional, and i only shed a couple tears during tom's speech. and then it was my turn. i stood up from my seat, walking onto the stage and trying not to trip over my dress. tom pressed a quick kiss to my lips before walking back to the table and sitting down, watching with a smile as i took a deep breath and began to speak.

     "i have loved tom for a long time. we've been through a lot together–press junkets, tours, late night filming, car accidents, pregnancy scares. if you can think it, we've probably dealt with it. these trials and tribulations only managed to make us stronger, both in love and in friendship. coming in right behind my girl zendaya, tom is my best friend, and i wouldn't have it any other way."

     "tom, i have loved you for three years now, and i promise to love for you three thousand more. i have never felt love like i do when i am with you. i want to do everything with you, whether it be watching a basketball game or raising children together. i am so lucky to have you as my husband. i love you so much."

     the rest of the night went by in a blur. people i barely knew told me how much our love story inspired them. we danced all night, stealing kisses whenever we could. i knew that, at the end of the night, we'd be heading off to travel the world for a month. tom didn't want to choose one place for our honeymoon, so we left out options open, writing down places we want to visit. it was going to be amazing.

     "i love you so much, mrs. beatrice jane holland," tom whispered in my ear. we were holding tight to each other, swaying to the slow song playing in the background.

     "i love you, too, mr. thomas stanley holland," i whispered back, standing on my tip toes to press a lingering kiss against his lips.