Chapter 1

Gulf darted through the water like a dolphin, numerous crabs clutching to her horns and spinal fins as they squeaked in the thrill of the ride.

       She lit her red biolemenescent lights as warning, and she didn't feel any distressed pinches, so she beat her wings, propelling herself with the crabs into the air.

       Gulf opened her cherry red eyes to see the beach on the distant end of the shimmering blue ocean as she brought herself into a dive, hurtling towards the water.

      She opened her wings, bringing herself into a sharp left turn towards the shore, she continued that way for minutes until she felt sand with her black talons.

      Gulf climbed out of the water  and knealt to let her friends slide off.

       "Wow, that was way cool!" Mollusk chirped, stumbling with dizzyness.

     "No one can swim like you." Starfish squeaked as Gulf helped her off her back.

     The rest of the crabs scuttled off as they chirped similar compliments to her, except for Grain.

     He slipped down her snout like a slide, dropping off into the sand.

      "Ready to go back to Mom?" Gulf clicked to him in crab-tounge. (Well not tounge crabs don't have tounges.)

      "Sure." Grain said as they embarked off in the direction of their established safe place.

      After a short while of walking they came across a strange structure on the shore.

     Gulf and Grain ducked behind a boulder, "What is that?" she whispered.

      "It's a dragon's nest." Grain squeaked, hiding in his shell.

         "How do you know that?" Gulf asked.

          "Because there's the dragon."