Chapter 5: "The Aces"

Seika's POV

"You know, someone could have eaten your food and could've gotten away with it." he said.

I snapped out of my trance and focused on the boy in front of me.

"Wha-what?" I asked.

He laughed. "Nothing." 

I raised my eyebrows on him, "what?" I asked sternly.

"I said it was nothing. Do you mind if I sit here?"

"Uhh.. Not really."

"Thanks."

I looked at him as he sits in the stool and looks at me and smiled.

"Uh.. Who are you?" I asked skeptically.

"Oh, right. Sorry. I'm Juaquin. Juaquin Felix. Second year, section 1."

I shook his hand. I'm Sei--"

"Seika Hashizume. Yeah, I know who you are." he said and smirks.

I stared at him as he said that. He looks very familiar. I stared at him a few more minutes and he looked at me as well.

"W-wha-what?" he asked feeling uneasy.

"YOU. You look familiar. Have we met each other before?" I replied.

He chuckled. "No. But I think you've met my sister. She looks like me... or I look like her, well you get the point."

"Hmmm... Who's your sister?" I asked, still staring at him.

"Sheeesh! You're creeping me out!" he said waving his hands in my face. "Will you stop it?"

"OKAAAAAYYYY." I resigned.

He relaxed when I stopped looking at him and started eating my food.

"So," he said. "Why are you staring off to space  a while ago?."

"Huh? Oh, I was just... thinking... of.. someone.." I said trailing off as I remember Concon once again.

"They're not here right?" he asked.

"Who?" I asked too.

"The girls. You know. Georgina, Franz, Sabrina and Concon." my heart ached when he said her name.

"Yeah, they're not here." I said looking away.

"Do you know why?" he asked.

"No. Do you?" I asked annoyed.

"Well, yeah. I do." he said casually.

I looked at him, and he was smiling at me.

"You know? How would you?" I asked suspiciously.

He chuckled. "Sheesh. You still don't know who I am?"

"No. I can't figure it out." I said.

"Well... I'm just the brother of the great Concon Felix." he said leaning in and smirking at me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

My eyes got wide as I finally took in it.

I looked at him again and now, I could see how they resemble each other.

Brown eyes, fair skin, and even the same shape of face. Except that Juaquin's face is squared and jawed.

He looked at me expectantly.

"OH.." is all that I said. And he frowned at me.

"So.. Juaquin.. Would you kindly tell me where your sister and her friends are? I asked formally.

"Oh, well they were at our house. My sister said that they were going to meet someone today so they skipped class."

I grimaced at the reason. 'They skip class just to meet someone?' I frowned.

"Uh.. Seika, I have something to ask you." he said.

"What is it?" I said.

"What do you think of my sister?" he asked straightly.

I was taken a back by his question. "Huh?"

"I said what do you think of my sister?"

"Uhh.. I don't know. She's friendly and nice. I think." I said reluctantly.

"Hmmm..." he said.

I waited for him to say something. I was blushing real hard because of his question.

A few minutes passed when he finally said, "Do you even know my sister at all?" he asked.

"Uh, not really." I said looking down.

"I guess I have to fill you in with some basic information about her.. or the four of them." I just nodded.

"Well, let's start with Georgina. She is part of the student council and a whiz. Practically thinking, she's the most "tame" of them all.

Franz is part of the swimming team. As well as the volleyball and basketball varsity. She's pretty much into physical activities.

Sabrina? Well, she's the beauty queen. She's a lady, very gentle. She does not do much sports but she excels in music.

Then there's Concon. Concon is like the three of them combined together. She's into arts, sports, and music. She does the most sports, plays the most instruments, great singer and dancer, and the most creative of all them. She's a whiz too. Actually, all of them are. The four of them are part of the top 5 of your class." My mouth hung open as she relayed who Concon is.

"They have a group here, called The Aces. Uhh.. If I remember it right, I think they will have concert later this year." he continued. "Technically speaking, they are the four most popular students in this school." he said chuckling.

He stopped there and both of us are quiet.

I pulled myself together and said "We-well that's a-a LOT." I said.

The bell rang and I stood up. "Uhh... Juaquin, thanks for the information. I have to go now. Bye!" I said waving off to go to our room.

As I walked to our class, I remembered what Concon said before.. 'You'll know someday...'  "So that's why people were glaring at me." I whispered. "Not only that I new, but, I was walking along with the four most popular students in this school." I chuckled at the thought. 'I wonder how insecure the others.' I was smiling when I got to class. No one paid particular attention to me to notice the smile on my face as I sat back on my chair thinking I knew a lot about Concon in just one sitting.