Chapter 5: We Are the Kids from Yesterday!

I stormed down the back alleys of L.A, Burbank to be exact. The night was surrounding me. Its darkness and loneliness made me feel worse. I was on my way to my end. I was tired of living. I was angry at the douche that just got caught cheating on me. After a year of being together, he finally cheated on me. Why are all guys’ douches? It’s really hard to find a good guy.  I stayed in a hotel because I’m from New Jersey originally and I came to California to visit him. I spent almost a thousand dollars today on my dress, hair, nails and shoes. And when I get to his condo and he is sleeping with his maid.

I snarled curses at him silently killing him in my mind, over and over again.  I marched myself down the alley while tears flowing down my face. I’ve been hurt really badly this time, last time I knew he wasn’t happy but this time he put on a show, making himself look happy so he could play with my heart.

I rubbed my sore eyes. My high heels tapped the cement loudly as I approached the hotel. The lights and noises became louder and brighter as I entered the fancy hotel. Its lobby was huge and open. It was a very nice place to stay. I enjoyed it. It had a very nice pool, and a gym. I went to the spa this morning, that’s where I herd some punk band, was staying here. I didn’t care though. My mind was in a tail spin. My heels were louder on this floor than it was outside. It was definitely cooler inside than outside.

I stormed past people keeping my head down, so I wouldn’t attract any unwanted attention.  I let no small whimpers escape me not even a sob. The next thing I know I spun around with a slight pain in my shoulder. I put my hand on my shoulder to mask the pain.  I gazed up to see I had bumped into a man. His greenish brown eyes sparkled at me. A small smile formed on his lips as I rubbed away the sensation in my shoulder.

“Sorry.” I apologized shooting my gaze back at the ground. He stepped toward me curiously. I backed up slowly.

“It’s okay, are you okay Miss?” He asked nicely. His voice wrapped around me like silk ribbons gently caressing my body in a sea of softness and smoothness. I turned slightly. I nodded at him as I began to walk to the elevators. I couldn’t help but notice he was following me. I was lucky there was an elevator waiting. I boarded as did he. I stood in the back shyly.

“What floor?” He asked. I glanced up at him. He had emo style hair but it was really short, like he got a buzz cut. It looked black with hints of brown in it. I couldn’t tell what colour it was naturally because he covered his head with his hood. I stood there in the back all shribbled up in myself.

“Top floor.” I managed to choke out. He smiled at me, nodded and pushed the highest button. The building was almost thirty stories high. This will take a while. He stood beside me. I happened to notice him look me up and down. A bigger smile grew on his face.

“I like your dress.” He complimented. I felt good for a slight moment as he looked at the lavender summer dress that uncovered most of my chest and my back. Its V shaped neck lining made me look younger than I actually am. Its thin straps added to that. It came to just above my knees. I smiled at him.

“Thank you.” I whispered. He turned to look at me, his hands in his pant pockets. The doors opened up to the top floor. I waltzed out swiftly and headed to the doors to the roof. I waited a moment before I opened the doors to the roof so that guy can leave me alone. He went to the other side. I herd footsteps walking away from me. I sighed heavily. My fingers wrapped around the door knob, I turned it and pulled open. A cool breeze swept my dress behind me, same with my light blonde hair. I felt some tears drip from my eyes as I met my fate. This was it, the end of me. I carefully stepped up the stairs. I opened the other door that led to the roof. I thought for a moment before leaping to my death. The cool breeze intensified as I made my way to the edge. I gasped as I looked around the city’s spot light, in all of its wonder and glory.  I stood on the edge of the hotel’s roof nervously.