12;) Being away from you

The boys woke up the next day at half past seven from the noise of girls knocking on the door and shouting, "Wake up! In half an hour is breakfast. You all have to be there." 

Tired groans were heard in the room. The girls were on 'wake-up duty'.They took turns. Louis' room would have to wake the others two days after.

Ashton sat on his bed, apparently already awake and ready. "Guys, come on. You can't all use the washbasin at the same time two minutes before we have to go." He tried to encourage the boys to wake up.

It didn't really work. The boys groaned and didn't bother opening their eyes. Only slowly the boys found the strength and effort to stand up and get ready. Michael was the last to still lay in bed. They literally had to pull him out until he finally budged.

It was something they could look back at and laugh over.

When they finally stepped into the cafeteria they were the last ones, thanks to Michael.

Louis spotted Harry sitting between Liam and Jesy on one of the huge group table. There were two of those tables and the Harry- table was completely occupied by the girls except for Harry and Liam. 

Louis was a bit disappointed about that. But when the six boys sat down on the other table with Ed, Justin and Zayn he found himself laughing and talking and his disappointment was insulated. 

It was just fun to be around those guys, especially when they were all together. He loved his best friends, but it was fun being around new people too. And Luke, Calum, Ed, Justin and Zayn were cool and nice.

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

The group arrangement was similar on their hiking tour.

The day program for today was a hiking tour to some ruin because there were lots of those in Scotland.

Of course the groups decentralised a bit, but Harry stayed with Jesy, Liam and Leigh-Anne. Justin was with a girls group too because, like Louis found out this breakfast, Justin liked Selena, a girl from the other girls room.

It was funny to Louis seeing the other boys gossiping about girls. Louis, Niall, Michael and Ashton didn't really do that when they were alone. Louis didn't like girls anyways so it wasn't like he really could join but it was interesting to listen to.

When they arrived at the ruin at about two o'clock they were allowed to take a break and eat what they had brought themselves from the breakfast buffet.

Sitting between many people who were talking and laughing Louis should be happy. And he was, kind of.

Until he caught the sight of Harry. And Jesy. Alone. A bit aside.

They seemed to have fun. Harry said something, making Jesy giggle and look down shyly. Louis swore he saw a blush on her cheeks. Then she said something and Harry... Harry smiled and casually leaned closer. 

Louis swallowed, hoping they wouldn't kiss now. They were obviously flirting and weren't subtle about their interest in each other. Jesy was now smiling and put a hand on Harry's thigh. They were laughing softly together about whatever they were talking, or more like flirting about and-...

He felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to Niall, who now laid an arm around his shoulder. Louis' sorrow must have shown on his face because Niall smiled softly and turned them around so Harry and Jesy weren't in sight anymore.

It helped a bit. The class was still fun to be around but... Louis' mood had definetely decreased.

On their way back Luke asked about the subject, "Hey, why are you not with Harry, or like... why isn't he with you?"