Entry 7

I want you to know that being gay in Soirwe wasn't a bad place for people like me. The king and queen were remarkably open to everything, including loving the same gender.

Everyone they ruled over wasn't the same.

He attacked me. My bastard of a father. He had latched his hand around my neck, and dragged me outside. To the forest. My safe place, desecrated.

I had screamed, bawled for my mother. I think she was still in the house. I couldn't see her, hear her and I would never encounter her again. Mother and I, both doomed to live in a lonely world.

I was losing air. Even though we're Dragons and we're almost invincible, I was a mere couple thousand years, compared to my father's millennia, and I could feel it. His grip was crushing my windpipe, I remember how I could feel only ice cold from my lungs. Slowly dying.

He had thrown me into the creekbed and shifted into his Draconic form. I had never seen it before that, and it scared the shit out of me.

I didn't recognize the type of magic that he had, either. Normally, the true color of a dragon's scales determines their magic.

His were black, shining with a red tint. I could see myself in them, and I remembered how it looked like I was bleeding, covered in red. More so than I would be.

He didn't say anything. I knew what he said. In his heart. Sinner. Burn in hell. Die. Abomination, piece of shit, useless worthless fucking pussy who can't do anything for himself why don't you just die just die just DIE—

The same thoughts that now run through my own head. Burning, shelling my mind until I remain a husk.

He had attacked me. I don't remember much of what happened, except for that the creek ran red for hours afterwards.

He had left me with a death threat and a slashed back, and I was no son of his anymore. Simple as that.