Before

Bianca poked her head out the alley before walking along with the masses of people the populated her beloved concrete jungle. The evening had already settled. She straightened her dress out and held her head high. She was on a mission. All the people around her were people of purpose. As she herself was a person of not much. Her best friend Ashton wasn't even aware of her failure. Heck, she lived with him because she had no where else to go.

Bianca turned the corner that lead to her shared apartment. She surveyed her appearance before entering the building. She wanted the people in the building to think that she was a person of dignity. Nobody needed to know what she did to get money. If Ashton didn't need to know, no one did.

She opened the apartment door, she could see the TV. She saw the blond hair peeking out just a little bit above the couch. She smiled to herself and ran towards him.

"Hello to you too" Ashton said laughing and catching her. Ashton loved his best friend more than he should but he would never tell that. She had too many walls up and he didn't want to mess up his friendship trying to break them down.

"How was your day?" Bianca moved away just a little bit. Her arms were still around his neck.

"Oh, you know...its work" Ashton's hands still rested on her hips. " How was YOUR day?" Ashton knew that Bianca didn't have a job worth talking about. That's why he constantly had her go to the doctors.

"Physically demanding" Bianca smirked.

"So you have no energy left?" Ashton asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Well, maybe just a little bit." she said and backed away. She made her way towards the stereo, turning on their song. Both of them had taken a dance class together.

Bianca looked at Ashton dead in the eye

Bianca looked at Ashton dead in the eye. She held out her hand, extending her legs. Spinning around, moving her arms. Ashton started mimicking her moves. Once the song the hit bridge, he took a hold of her hips. Soon they were dancing together. They've been practicing for weeks, they had a performance coming up that weekend.

Bianca danced because she loved it and Ashton danced because he loved Bianca

***

Bianca sat in the passengers seat patiently. Ashton stopped at a gas station to fill up on gas and to get out of the storm. They could barely see out there. Ashton got back into the car and let out a sigh. Silently, he turned onto the road.

"Maybe we should pull over until I dont know...see the road!" Bianca said.

"I would really appreciate it if you dont yell at me while I'm trying to drive."

"Don't get snippy with me..."

The car jerked and hydroplaned off the road and into the water below.

Bianca grabbed Ashton's hand as the plummeted below.

****

Ashton came to, he was surrounded by water . He looked to right and saw a unconscious Bianca. Her head had a large gash on the side. He felt his way around the water, he felt a sharp pain in his hand. Pulling it out of the water he looked at it. He had split his hand open. The water was rising quickly. Ashton struggled with his seat belt. With his right hand open, it made it hard to bend. He tried to get the door open but the water pressure was holding it shut. He leaned over towards Bianca, feeling her neck. Her heart was still beating.

"Come on, Bi wake up!" Ashton shook her frantically. "Bi, babe wake up". Ashton could care less about the words that were coming out his mouth because he knew that she couldnt hear them and he knew that she would probably freak out by the fact that he was in love with her.

With the water now at his neck, he couldn't find an escape. Was this really the end for them. Ashton, with one last ill attempt tried to unbuckle his seatbelt when he saw blue and red lights flashing. But the water kept rising.