Chapter 4

I woke up and I had no idea where I was. I was lying on the floor. I slowly got up, I expected my head to hurt. There was a bump on my head, from when the girl hit me. So far that's two injuries the witch gave me.

The memories came flowing back. I tackled the girl, she went crazy, did some weird eye stuff, and guards came and I got knocked out. I'm in a jail cell. I looked around there was a wooden door with a slot. Probably to give us food. The walls were black, there were two old rusty beds. There was window, so a little light could get in.

I got up and banged on the door. "Hey!!" "I didn't help her, shouldn't I get a trial or something?" Either no one could hear me or no one cared. A guard came by he was short and a little big. He looked at me annoyed. "You were with a criminal and we have no reason to believe you!" "Wow so your just gonna let me rot in here for a crime I didn't commit"

" listen kid the king doesn't have time for a trial , he is too busy!" "Oh ya well I didn't like the king anyway!" It didn't matter what I said he isn't even here. Plus they have no proof that I wasn't helping her. Unless I could get her to tell the truth. Even if she did who would believe a thief. "Do you even have a lawyer?" The guard said. "Well...no".

My family couldn't afford a lawyer. Besides I doubt anyone even notices I'm missing yet.
"Sorry kid but I can't let you out either. I don't want to face the consequences". He drew a finger across his throat. I barely heard anything about the king.

I had no idea what he's like or even if he cares about who rots in his cages. The guard walked away. I wonder how long I'm gonna stay in here. For life. But I didn't do anything. Ugh, this is so frustrating. I wanted to scream. The stupid girl got me here.

I turned around and there she was. Lying in the corner. I was so mad. She brought me here, if she didn't steal my stuff I wouldn't even be here. I can not control my temper. "Why in the world did you have to drag me into this mess!" I shouted. "Out all of the people in this village. Out of all the people in that market why did you have to steal from me!" She glanced at me with no emotion. She did not respond.

Her legs were crossed like she was meditating or something. She hasn't demanded to be let go. She hasn't done anything. For a girl trapped in prison she was surprisingly calm. I am so done. I stormed to a corner. I needed some space. Not that I could get much. It was almost night time. I tried to focus on anything but my current situation. I tried listening like she was. But all I could here was water. Drip,drop, drip, drop. There was probably a storm outside. I ignored it and went to sleep.