Chapter 9

"So what were you like before you got bit?" I asked Alyssa. After I was done asking questions Alyssa took me out of the cabin to start "training" me. Whatever that means. "I was well...an assassin" "For real, I thought you were a blackbelt or something." This girl beat up people as a job.

"Well I was trained from a young age to defend for myself. For a while I tried to help people, I would steal stuff and give it to the poor. Like a younger,girl,robin hood. Then the king found out about me and hired me to go after his enemies. He threatened my father if I didn't. But before I completed one of my missions, I got marked. And I had to fake my death and join the pack." "Wow, that's intense." Her life is much crazier than mine. She worked for the king, that's how she knew to escape the dungeon. I wonder what Cassidy's story is or Kira's. Even though Kira said the meeting is over I still had a lot of questions.

I wanted to know about everyone's lives before becoming a werewolf. Kira said I needed to train and stop wondering about stuff that isn't important. I wonder what she wanted to do before she was bit. "Anyways, we need to train." We walked pretty far from the cabin. Alyssa opened a huge bag. "Chose your stick." Is she serious. There were bows,swords,and daggers. "Why do I need to use a stick, when I could use a weapon?" You need to learn how to do foot work and hand to hand combat before you add the weight of a weapon. So chose you stick. I took out a long stick and Alyssa took one as well.

Now I am going to show you how to stand, widen you stance. Make sure that your center of gravity is placed on you legs. Try to swing at me. So I place both my hand on either side of the stick. And I swung it at her face. She blocked it immediately. She swung at me and I fell to the ground. She helped me up and showed me how to block it. She swung at my legs and my stick blocked it. I was getting better. While we were fighting I started asking her questions.

"So does Kira always have her forcefield up?" "Yes, it is for protection so no one can get in."
She aimed for my arms, I blocked it again. She was going easy on me. "Or out, do we ever get to leave?" "Yes but only with permission." Ugh, of course. How the heck can I get Kira's permission. She already doesn't like me.

"So what's Kira's story? What are her powers?"  I aimed for Alyssa's feet, she jumped. "Well, Kira doesn't have a certain power like Cassidy. Kira is a witch. She casts spells." "Does she have a magic wand or a broomstick?" I was being sarcastic. She's a witch, no wonder she's more powerful.

"No, but she has a spell book." "Can she undo spells?" "Yes." I could steal her spell book and undo the force field and get out of here.