Chapter 17

I promised. I promised Cassidy I would not meet Niel again. Yet her I am walking back to the woods. I guess I'm not good at keeping promises. I told Cassidy I was training. Hopefully no one tries to find me while I'm gone.

I walked to the spot. "So you came to our spot. Honestly I didn't think you would come back."
"Of course I came back." I didn't know why. Maybe I felt bad for him. Or I just wanted to get out of cabin. Whatever the reason, I'm here.   

"So, if we're going to keep meeting up. I thought you should tell me your name." He asks. Oh no. I can't tell him my name. Not while I'm well...me. I will tell him who I really am when I'm cured. Even though he says he doesn't care, I care. "I can't" I muttered. "Why?" He asked. "How about you give me a nickname instead." He was thinking about it. "Fine, I could call you mysterious girl who won't tell me her name." "No, that's too long."

"You can turn into a wolf right?" "Yes smart one." I said sarcastically. "Okay what about fuzzy?" "I'm not a dog." "You are really bad at nicknames." "What about Wolfie?" "That sounds stupid." "Well, that's the best nickname I've got." Ugh, I could just make up a name. Why didn't I think of this earlier. "I sound like a pet. Besides what will you call me when I'm human?" "I'll call you beautiful." My checks were red. I could not stop blushing. Then I realized I had to go back, before anyone noticed I was gone. "I'm sorry, I have to go. Bye." Before he could say anything I ran off.

I shouldn't keep seeing him, he seems nice but he's a hunter. But not all hunters are bad right? If he was a good person, why would he be a hunter? Maybe he has a good reason. He is looking for Sierra. He can't be that bad, he's just trying to help find Sierra. He's just trying to find me. I don't even know who that is anymore.

I went to the river near the cabin and put some water on my face, so it would look like I was sweating. I entered the cabin. "Hey". I jumped up and I looked behind me. It wasn't Cassidy, it was Kira. She had a serious look on her face. My heart began to beat rapidly. She knows, she knows I left. I tried to calm myself down. Kira always looks serious. I just have a lot of guilt.

"Alyssa, told me you have gotten better at your training." "She has?" I haven't trained for a few days. "Yes, she has taught you to use a sword, hand to hand combat and use some of your abilities." Some? "Congratulations, your done with training wheels." "I don't understand." She smiled..."I'm going to be training you from now on." It's like a living nightmare. I've been training with Alyssa for a few weeks. I'm not even that good. Why does she think I'm ready. I'm not. I wish I could bury myself underground and never come back.

"Training starts tomorrow, early." Tomorrow was so soon. Kira gave her orders and left the room. I couldn't leave to see Niel in the morning. And who knows how long training lasts. All I know for certain, is that Kira is going to slaughter me.