Chapter 10

I get home and change quickly then I head out to visit her. She was in the hospital because she had a stroke about a week ago. She said she was feeling better now but the doctors say otherwise so I wanted to spend all the time I could with her now. I got there and went to her room.
"Hey Grandma." I say after knocking.
"Hope! My favorite person." She said turning off the TV and I came in and sat next to her.
"How are you feeling?" I ask her.
"I'm alright. What about you? Did your mother tell you the news?" She asked.
"About the divorce? You knew?" I ask her very confused.
"Yes. She told me and asked how she should tell you." She said nodding.
"Well, she did. And they explained everything. Including the fact that my father is a huge disappointment to me and I won't even get to meet the baby."
"Why won't you meet the baby?"
"I don't want to. I mean, I would like to be a sister to it but I don't think I want to see Dad all that much."
"Dear, sometimes, you have to do things you don't want to for the greater good. This child will need an older sibling. Even if you aren't always around. You had Rachel and Georgie even though they weren't your actual family."
"True. Dad is still my Dad and this is just a change."
"Exactly." She said nodding.
"Oh! Speaking of change-" I start and pull out my phone when it rang. Ethan had texted and I roll my eyes.
"What is it?"
"Ethan texted. As of today, he loves to tease me." I say smiling.
"Why would he do that?"
"We're dating. Which is what I was gonna tell you before he texted."
"Aw! You all look so cute together. How did it happen?"
"Uh- well, we got paired to do a project together and I really wanted to know why he stopped talking to me as much." I explained finished explaining and she nodded. I left a few parts out that I wanted to keep between him and I.
"That is amazing." She said when I finished.
"It was. I- I really love him."
"Keep that. It will get you through anything. Love is the strongest power in the universe." She said smiling.
"You've told me. But, if love is the strongest, why do people break up? Or get divorces?" I was still kinda confused on the who thing.
"Because, people can confuse love and lust. When that happens, it can last a few moths or a few years. When it's right, you will know it."
"That makes sense."
"Now, the real question is, do you feel that way with Ethan?"
"I do, yeah. He has a way of making me feel better just being around him. It's all just kinda coming on fast. We love each other but I think we just might need to slow down a little."
"You should talk to him about it. You said that he wants you to talk to him about everything right?" I nod. "Then talk to him. Right now, being in a relationship is new. It's going to be a lot more fun now so the best thing to do is make sure your serious."
"That's a good idea. So, I just talk to him? It's that easy?" I ask.
"It is. If you love each other, you can talk things through, have a few fights or arguments and get through it together. Hard times are the best times when it comes to love."
"Thanks Grandma." I say smiling.
"Anytime, sweetie." She says.
"I have to do homework. I'll Vista you soon ok?" I ask. I hug her and say bye. She says bye also and I leave. Once I was put I finally read Ethan's text.
Ethan: I miss u... call me when ur done with your visit. Love u.
Me: I'm done but if I call we will never hang up. I still have hw to do. Luv u 2
Ethan: U know how dogs whine? And make cute noises?
Me: Uh... yeah. What does that have to do with anything?
Ethan: That's how I sound right now. Cause I miss u so much! Can I come over to help u? Please???!!
Me: I'm not even home yet! Besides, why don't u hang w ur family?
Ethan: I want to hang w u.
Me: Fine! But only cause I'm picturing ur begging face and it's cute. But we have to work!
Ethan: Fine by me! As long as I'm with u.
Me: Ok. I'm on my way back now. Meet u there.
Ethan: Ok. Luv u!!!!
Me: Silly, luv u 2