Chapter 20

I open my eyes slowly and look around. I recognized my room and then my eyes landed on Ethan. I looked at his sleeping face and relize why he spends so much time on his hair. He has awful bed head. I giggle lightly and fix it for him, running my fingers through it. He moves a little and tightened his grip around my waist. I trace a finger over his cheek and then trace his lips softly. I lean in and put my lips on his as I moved my finger down his chin and neck. His eyes open slowly and he looks at me. I smile a little and pull back.
"What's up?" He asked. He still sounded asleep and I felt bad for waking him.
"Sorry. I had a bad dream that woke me." I apologize.
"What was the dream?" He asked. I sat up and he did too.
"Just the memory. Mixed with the grim reeper. Kinda awsome actually." I say. He nods and lays his head on my shoulder.
"Why the kiss?" He asked.
"I needed something to make me feel better. Plus, I fixed you hair." I say smiling.
"My hair?" He reached up to mess with it but I grab his hand.
"No don't. I did a good job." I say giggling softly.
"Fine. But only until I get to a mirror." He said. I push him down on the bed.
"Then I guess you shouldn't leave." I lean over him and smirk.
"Never said I wanted to." He said wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling my down with him. "But, I might have to."
"Why?" I complain laying my head on his shoulder and nuzzling his neck.
"School, babe." He whispered since I was so close.
"I don't want you to go." I was whispering also.
"What time is it?" He grabs his phone off the nightstand and looks at it. "Only five. I still have some time."
"I'm not going to school today." I whisper. "Why can't you stay with me?"
"I would love to. But, I don't make the rules."
"Ok." I say nodding.
"What time does your mom wake up?" He asks.
"About five thirty. Why?"
"Sadly, I need my shirt so I can go back home."
"That is sad." I whisper giggling and tracing his abs. He chuckled and smiled.
"Yeah."
"Ethan?" I ask after a few minutes.
"Hmm?"
"I know where the laundry room is if you want your shirt." I whisper pushing off of him slighly.
"No thanks. I want to enjoy this while it lasts." He wraps his arm around my waist and with his other hand he ran his fingers through my hair.
"You sound like we're about to break up." I whisper sadly and close my eyes as I snuggle closer to him.
"Never. Sorry, I didn't mean it to come out like that." He held me close and I never wanted it to end.
"Thank you." I whisper a few minutes later.
"For what?"
"Staying with me. And please don't explain why you did. I know why. I just wanted to tell you." I explain with my eyes still closed.
"Your welcome." He whispered. "If you fall asleep again, I won't be able to get up."
"To bad." I say smiling.
"Hope." He said. I nod and release him as I sit up.
"You still have school. I know. Will you bring me my work again?" I ask.
"Of course. I'll be here as soon as I get out." He said sitting up.
"Ok. Let's go get your shirt." I say smiling a little. He nodded and we stood up. We went down and I  handed it to him from the dryer.
"Next time, I'll keep it." I tease as he slips it on.
"Sure." He said rolling his eyes. "I should go. I love you."
We walked over to the door and I nod. "Love you too." I say.
"Get some sleep and don't forget to eat." He said kissing my cheek before leaving.
I walk back up to my room and layed down again. It was colder with out him so I wrap the covers around me again and send a quick text to my mom saying that he left already. I fall asleep soon after.