Chapter 16

(Deadlox's P.O.V)
My father was laying next to a bloody sky with a gun in his hand. Tears sprung to my eyes and I tackled the drunk bastard. He rolled and accidentally shot the gun at the wall. I punched and punched and kicked as hard as I could. He soon blacked out and the cops arrived. They called an ambulance and took him away. I ran to sky and held him tightly. He was grazed by the bullet in his side and was bleeding badly. He was unconscious from blood loss and I started rocking us back and forth. The ambulance soon arrived. They took him away from me and told me to get in the ambulance. I got in but couldn't touch him because they were hooking up cords and shit to him. He looked deathly pale and it frightened me.

We finally arrived at the hospital but I couldn't see sky. It took Jerome, Mitch, and Zoe to hold me back from seeing him. Right now I'm sitting on Mitch's lap balling my eyes out. I soon ran out of tears and started hyperventilating. I couldn't control it and Mitch knew he couldn't help so he just held onto me tighter. Jerome didn't seem to have a problem with Mitch holding me. The doctor came out and gave me and Mitch a smile. I didn't smile back, I just sat there breathing heavy and looking lifeless.
"You can see sky now," the doctor said "room 134" Mitch, laura,Jerome, Zoe, Shelby and Seto got up and walked to the room. They were crying too but I was the worst. I sat outside the room waiting for the rest to get done talking with him.
"Hey Ty, you can go in now," Jerome helped me up. I nodded and waved them off as I walked in. I started crying again just because of how he looked. He had what looked like thousands of tubes in his arms and legs. He was extremely pale and looked like he was in a lot of pain. He smiled weakly at me and scooted over. He patted the spot next to him. I climbed in next to him and hugged him for dear life.
"I thought you were dead. I'm so so so sorry. It's all my fault," I sobbed. He lightly kissed me.
"It's not your fault," he barely got the words out. I just shook my head and held him tighter. He started to trace the scars on my arms.
"We're pretty alike now," sky said quietly.
"No, we're not. Promise that you'll never be stupid like me,"
"Your not stupid but I promise to never cut," I smiled and kissed his forehead.

Everyone walked in and smiled at us. Sky was sleeping so I told them to Shh.
"I know sky just got shot and everything but your dad left a note for us," Zoe said. Mitch took a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to me. I opened it slowly and read what it said. 'I will come back. I was working with the destroyer'. I started to shake in fear and sky woke up. He read the piece of paper in my hand and shook his head.
"Ty, baby, calm down. This is what you trained for. Everything will be ok," he whispered. I gripped onto the front of his shirt and calmed down. Seto sighed and rubbed his head irritated.
"Once sky gets better were going under total lock down. No ones aloud in and no ones aloud out. Got it?" Seto said sternly. We all nodded and I sat up. I summoned a soul.
"Yes master?" He asked
"We need tons of food, water, and anything else we will need to survive for a few months. Get some help and get the house ready," I demanded. He nodded and disappeared. Well, better safe than sorry.