Chapter one

I like walking home. I can think, listen to music, and watch others be happy. I can speed up to get away from the bullies, or I can slow down to stay away from home. I have freedom.

I live in a small town in Colorado, I would tell you where it is, but you won't know what I'm talking about. The thing about small towns is that everyone knows everyone. Rumors are common, and they travel fast. It almost seems like rumors about me spread even faster.

I'm a senior in high school. Sadly, it's the beggining of the year. Every day I tell myself, "Just one more year, it's almost over." When I graduate, I'm going to a big city, where you never pass someone on the street twice. Sounds like paradise.

I begin to hear my name faintly beyond the music blasting out of my head phones. I pause the music and look around.

I suddenly feel a strong grip on my shoulder as I am jerked around.

Abby.

Of course it's her. The one who started it all. She said I slept with her boyfriend when we were 13. I didn't. She just wanted revenge because her boyfriend smiled at me when we bumped into each other in the hallway. She turned everyone against me.

"Look at me when I fucking speak to you, slut." she spat. I flinch under her words.

"What do you want now?" I say quietly, as I aim my green eyes at the ground.

Anger etches its way across her face. "Don't question me! You are just a worthless, fat, ugly, piece of shit, I am above you!" Her screaming sends shivers through my bones, and i believe every word.Next,she slaps me.

Hard.

Looks like I am getting a bruise. "That's what you get, slut." I close my eyes and nod my head. My cheek is throbbing, and i feel a yank on my head as she pulls my long auburn hair. I turn and run home before Abby can do anything else, and it's only Monday.

I walk in the door. My mother comes to the door before I have a chance to run to my room. My parents use to be nice, but my perfect older brother went off to collage and they have....changed.

"I hear one direction will be signing stuff at the mall tomorrow." I just nod my head, "you should get them to sign something for you, we could sell it for a lot of money."

Money. Their hasn't been much of that lately. I just nod my head some more, signaling that I will go. She smiles and I run up to my room. I set down my stuff and run my hand along the edge of my desk until I feel it. My razor.

I grin and grab it. I sit on my bed and peel back my sleeves. Their they lie. The cuts. My right arm has all of the simple lines. My left...has words.

Fat, stupid, ugly, slut, whore, and more. Everything I have ever been called lies on my wrist. I add more slices to my right wrist and smile. Blood is beautiful. It sparkles like red water, only it's not water. It's everything I hate about my myself, everything others hate about me. I've been cutting since I was 14. 4 years. No body knows, I've had no one to tell.

I clean up, do my homework and try to sleep. Their is just one problem, the nightmares. Abby is in every single one and they never stop, until I am about to die.

Is that what I am meant to do in life, just.... Die?