|Adventurous Smokers |

Toto

"Hey!" Dan plucked the spatula out of my hand.

I pouted as he took the bowl of brownie batter from me and began stirring it.

He was so cute in the red polka dot apron my mom let him borrow. He had been talking about eating hot fresh brownies all week so I promised him that I would make him my secret double chocolate recipe.

But he insisted on helping which drove me crazy. He got flour all over the floor, there was broken eggs on the counter, and melted butter all over his apron.

Supposedly Dan was a good cook but all evidence suggested he was not a good baker.

"Hey yourself. I'm helping," he said confidently as he stirred the batter.

I rolled my eyes and began cleaning up Dan's tornado mess on the counter. Dan kept stirring as I added the rest of the melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk.

Dan smacked his lips. "Yum," he said as he folded in the chocolate.

"It's pretty impossible to fuck this recipe up but I still feel like these brownies are gonna come out lumpy," I laughed as I took the bowl from him and poured the mixture into the pre-greased and powdered pan.

"Can you get me the chocolate chips?" I asked. He obliged and went to the fridge and grabbed the chocolate chips.

He opened the bag.

"How much should I dump on there?" He asked as he popped a couple chocolate chips in his mouth.

"Stop eating the topping!" I slapped his wrist and pulled out an 8 ounce measuring cup.

He poured a full cup and I grabbed it, sprinkling chocolate chips all over the top and especially in the center.

"Okay I need the end of that can of sweetened condensed milk," I said as I stirred the chips on the top around.

He grabbed the can and I pulled the spoon out of it, scooping some dollops of it all over the top of the brownies.

"There, perfect!" I said as I put down the can and took the pan in my hands. Dan opened the oven for me as I carefully slid the brownies onto the top rack.

"Now we wait," I said as I closed the oven. Dan was standing next to me and it seemed he had just noticed the butter all over him.

"Nooo now we clean up," he said and he took the apron off and atarted trying to clean it in the sink.

I giggled and took the apron from him. "I'll throw this in the wash, you just start washing everything and wiping down the counter," I ordered and walked off to the laundry room.

I sprayed some spot remover on the apron and tossed it into the washing machine with another load of clothing and started it.

I walked back into the kitchen and to my suprise the whole place was spotless.

Dan turned from the fridge where he was putting away the eggs and the rest of the chocolate chips. He grinned at my shocked expression.