Chapter 2

(Lily's POV)

I was wondering around the back yard in my bare feet before I came to an abrupt stop. There stood a pile of all the people I had cared about. Emma, Miss Peregrine, the other children. Enoch. I had started screaming at the sight of all the bodies that were missing there eyes but it died down when I turned around and my breath hitched in my throat. There stood Barron with blood around his mouth. " I will find you, Lily" he said before I started screaming again.

I woke up screaming. I had seen everyone that I cared about get their eyes ripped out and their bodies thrown to side. It took me awhile to realize that it was just a nightmare but it felt so real. I was breathing heavily when Enoch came rushing into the room and scooping me into his arms. I felt like I was having a panic attack, it hurt to breath."Shhh, your alright" Enoch whispered softly into my ears " I got you, I won't let anything hurt you".

The words he said managed to calm me down enough to breath properly again "Can you stay with me? I don't want to be alone" I said, to terrified to have another nightmare " If you want me to" was his reply before getting under the cover, pulling me into his chest.

I rested my head into his chest before closing my eyes once again. But before sleep consumed me I heard Enoch say "I won't let anything hurt you ever again".
~~~~~~~(Third POV)~~~~~~~~~~
Lily wasn't the only one plagued with nightmares that night. Enoch woke up after having a nightmare that they were to late and Lily died. He instantly relaxed seeing the small girl snoring softly and let out a sigh of relief. Lily was the kindest person he had ever met. She understood him and he admired her for that. He loved her laugh, her smile, her personality, he loved everything about her. Enoch O'Conner was in love with Lily Foster.

(A/N: sorry short chapter.)